Another 2.0 request

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 4 19:03:41 EDT 2000

> Wow, a lot of work today ;o)
> I will look into all of this over the weekend and see what
> the best approach will be.
>
> One thing, David.  You don't have to kill argus to get the
> output file.  All you have to do is rename the file and
> argus recreates the original file and keeps going.

	I didn't know that! All this time I've been killing argus and and
restarting it. Isn't the file busy (and thus argus keeps writing to the
now nameless inode)? I'll have to try it out on a test copy and see what
happens because that would simplify life (to say nothing of stopping losing
packets while switching log files)!