argus monitoring scripts

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Aug 4 14:26:33 EDT 2000

> Hey David,
>    What kind of process monitoring are you looking for?
> Is Argus still running? That kind of thing?
>
> Carter

	If so I have some partly done perl scripts (ripped of from shadow)
that will eventually do monitor the argus and gzip tasks from cron
and restart them if they look to be dead, cycle log files from cron and
at reboot time (in to the current logfile if one is already going). An
early version is running on my systems now (simple log rolling and restart
in a new log file) and there are partly finished versions with more checking
around which I'm willing to part with if you have time to work on them.