Memory Problems in Argus-1.8

Carter Bullard cbullard at nortelnetworks.com
Fri Apr 7 10:48:00 EDT 2000

Neil,
   Hmmm, well this wasn't the intended result.
The approach is for the clients to automatically
close the socket when they see an argus management
CLOSE record.  Argus has always sent this message,
but the clients did not take any action on them.
This is why 1.8.1 version ra() is important to
this strategy.  The other part of the strategy, is
for argus() to get into a loop, waiting for the
client sockets to close, and then it exits.

   As it was working once, I'm sure we can get it
working again ;o)

Carter