Argus 1.8 Code Freeze Tarfile

Carter Bullard cbullard at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Sep 16 09:17:40 EDT 1999

Hey Peter,
So much for the code freeze %^}  You are right, but the topic
brings up an old dicussion as to what the signals should do.
Right now we catch them all and exit.

Chas wanted the ability to get an instantaneous report on
packets/flows for a ra() that is persistent and writing
output to a file.  This would be a good opportunity to
define what we want signals to do.

SIGINT would be a good one for the periodic report, if the
client supports it.  SIGQUIT and SIGKILL seem like they
should cause the client to exit().

Opinions are needed quickly, as I will be closing this up
soon.

Thanks again!!!

Carter