argus

Kevin C Miller kevinm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Mar 12 10:16:43 EST 1999

Excerpts from mail: 12-Mar-99 RE: argus by "Mark Poepping"@cmu.edu
> [any list folks who want to help hack on a stock how-to? ]

Having just recently started learning about Argus, I would agree that it
can be pretty confusing what exactly to do first. Getting argusd started
wasn't that much of problem, but I didn't realize initially the full
extent of what raservices, dnstats, etc.. could do. That's when I said
"this is really cool.."

The clients (and the ability to write additional interpreters) are what
really set argus apart from other network scanners, and being able to
see this quickly (with howto docs or whatever) would help newcomers
realize what can be done.

Anyhow, I'm willing to start/help with the authoring of a HOWTO doc.

Kevin