No subject

Carter Bullard cbullard at nortelnetworks.com
Sun Feb 21 09:38:19 EST 1999

Hey David,
   The only issue is the Unix MAXSTRLEN issue.
Thats really why we supported the, "if its
going to be big, put the whole thing in a file",
sort of approach.  MAXSTRLEN is normally 256.

   argus is passing the buffer to libpcap
routines to parse out the filter expression, in the
client programs, ra, raservices, etc..... I rewrote
the libpcap compiler.  These routines will be the
primary sources of heartache, if the string gets
too long and there is a problem.

    I'm not sure that there will be a problem,
but if there will be it will be in the libpcap
filter parsing code.

Hope this helps,

Carter