Ethernet splitters

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Aug 4 19:45:25 EDT 1999

	Netramet is probably a good bet because I currently have an identical
pair of 450 meg P2s (intended eventually to be one for each OC3 card). I'm
currently poking at why my perl script that parses ra output reports about 15
gigs of data when the Cisco only sees 5 gigs and racount only sees about 2.5
gigs (all from the same tcpdump file). I just ran a perl script through the
tcpdump file to accumulate length counts for IP pairs so I can compare to the
argus output and maybe find the problem (which may be my perl script).
	Because my DMZ is OC3 (and possibly soon Gigether) I'd prefer to be
able to grab somewhat accurate counts from argus. I'm more interested in lab
PCs with a higher data rate than the campus web or news servers (because it
usually indicates a rogue warez or mp3 site on one of our machines).