[MyAppleMenu] May 1, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu May 1 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** How (And Why) You Should Clean Up Your iTunes Tags ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2148967/the-ultimate-itunes-tagging-guide-cleaning-up-your-tags.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> I’m slightly tag-obsessive, but only because I want to be able to find my music when I search for it. And I use smart playlists that depend on tags. So here are some of the ways I correct these problems.

*** Make Your Mornings Less Stressful With Morning ***
<http://www.techhive.com/article/2150202/make-your-mornings-less-stressful-with-morning.html#tk.rss_all>
Leah Yamshon, TechHive

> It keeps your day beautifully organized in one glanceable screen that should simplify your morning routine.

*** How Adobe Is Moving On From Flash To Embrace HTML5 ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/newswire/how-adobe-is-moving-on-from-flash-to-embrace-html5-3514412/>
Chris Minnick and Ed Tittel, CIO

> Steve Jobs' famous Thoughts on Flash article from April 2010 marked the beginning of the end for Adobe Flash's future on mobile. Jobs listed several reasons why iOS wouldn't support Flash. At the time, Mobile Flash was seen as a pretty hot technology and a great way to create cross-platform apps - if only Apple would just get with the times and approve it for the iPhone.

> Not supporting Flash was a bold and controversial move. In short order, however, Apple's position pushed Web developers to start learning about HTML5. It also got Adobe to move beyond Flash and reinvent some of its core product offerings.

*** Beamer 2 Review: Drag And Drop To Stream Any Video To An Apple TV ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2149980/beamer-2-review-drag-and-drop-to-stream-any-video-to-an-apple-tv.html>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

*** I Made A Video Game With A Pencil And Paper ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/30/5666092/pixel-press-review>
Andrew Webster, The Verge

> Pixel Press lets you build a Mario-style iPad game any way you want.

*** Thanks For Nothing, Apple, Say Forensic Security Chaps ***
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/05/01/thanks_for_nothing_apple_say_forensic_security_chaps/>
Darren Pauli, The Register

> Apple's decision to encrypt data on the iPhone is responsible for this state of affairs because a factory reset not only wipes data but also erases the decryption key required to reveal the handset's contents, according to Jason Solomon, a forensics investigator with Sydney-based Klein and Co.

*** Apple Keeps Locking Up New Property Even As Its 'Spaceship' Office Build Proceeds ***
<http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2014/04/30/apple-keeps-locking-up-new-property-even-as-its.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+vertical_50+(Commercial+Real+Estate+Industry+News)>
Nathan Donato-Weinstein, Silicon Valley Business Journal

> The Mac maker is closing in on leases for roughly 250,000 square feet of additional office/R&D space in Sunnyvale, according to multiple industry sources. That's on top of a couple of deals completed in recent weeks.

*** Andy Ihnatko’s Window Into The MacBook Air Price Drop ***
<http://voices.suntimes.com/business-2/andy-ihnatko-macbook-air-price/#.U2Gf7F671lI>
Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times

> I think the MacBook Air price drops have fixed the lack of clarity that once affected the “MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?” buying decision and moved it over to the choice between the low-end MacBook Air and the high-end iPad Air.

*** Best AirPlay Speaker Systems For Your iPhone, iPad, Or Mac ***
<http://www.imore.com/best-airplay-speaker-systems?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>
Peter Cohen, iMore

> A lot of us love to listen to music while we work, do chores, exercise and entertain. If you're looking for a compact speaker system that helps you get the most out of your AirPlay-equipped Apple device, I've rounded up five of my favorites here.

*** Google Launches Google Docs And Sheets Apps For iPhone And iPad, Slides ‘Coming Soon’ ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/04/30/google-launches-google-docs-sheets-apps-for-iphone-and-ipad/>
Zac Hall, 9 To 5 Mac

> Google is out today with a brand new set of productivity apps for iOS with the release of Google Docs and Google Sheets for both iPhone and iPad. Previously, documents stored in Google’s collaborative productivity apps were restricted to access in Google Drive or browser-based web apps. While both Google’s word processor and spreadsheet editor have appeared on the App Store, Google says that Google Slides, its presentation app, is “coming soon”.

*** Aerial Photo Shows Outline Of Apple's Spaceship Campus Taking Shape ***
<http://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/30/apple-campus-aerial-photo/>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

*** Filling Up With Sugar ***
<http://www.granta.com/New-Writing/Filling-Up-With-Sugar>