[MyAppleMenu] Jun 30, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jun 30 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** iTunes U Update Will Bring Course Creation, Management To iPad ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2375218/itunes-u-update-to-allow-course-creation-on-ipad.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Moren, Macworld

> The improvements come as part of the existing iTunes U app, and offer a host of new features—most notably, the ability for teachers to create, edit, and manage courses right from the iPad.

*** How To Sync Both Ringtones And iTunes Match Music ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2429401/how-to-sync-both-ringtones-and-itunes-match-music.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

*** FaceTime Isn't Working: 11 Great FaceTime Troubleshooting Tips ***
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/11-fixes-for-when-facetime-is-not-working-3527872/>
Lou Hattersley, Macworld UK

*** Apple Airs New “Parenthood” iPhone 5S Commercial ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/apple-airs-new-parenthood-iphone-5s-commercial/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Apple aired a new iPhone 5s commercial today, focusing on parents using iPhone apps and compatible hardware devices in their everyday lives. The ad is called "Parenthood", and it aired on the seventh anniversary of the iPhone's launch in the United States on June 30, 2007.

*** 2-Year-Old Makes Emergency Call For Minn. Mom In Medical Distress ***
<http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3484579.shtml?cat=127>
Kate Renner, KSTP

> Neaton recently taught Eve, if she ever needed help to ask SIRI, the iPhone smart service.
> "So we just kind of say, 'If mom falls down, this is the button you push and you say call whoever,'" Neaton said.

*** Tim Cook And Apple Celebrate #ApplePride In San Francisco Today ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/29/tim-cook-and-apple-celebrate-applepride-in-san-francisco-today/>
Seth Wintraub, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Apple Cake ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/features/2014/07/07/140707fi_fiction_goodman>
Allegra Goodman, New Yorker

*** The Man I Helped To Die ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/06/30/the_man_i_helped_to_die/>
Mara Altman, Salon

> I hoped my job as an end-of-life doula would help me understand death. But I never expected someone like Jethro.

*** Americans Have Never Loved Poetry More—But They Call It Rap ***
<http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/29/americans-have-never-loved-poetry-more-but-they-call-it-rap.html>
John McWhorter, The Daily Beast