[MyAppleMenu] Jul 4, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jul 4 18:59:00 EDT 2014

*** Apple Poaches Swiss Watch Exec For iWatch Launch ***
<http://www.cnbc.com/id/101812950>
Jenny Cosgrave, CNBC

> Apple has hired the sales director of luxury Swiss watch maker TAG Heuer to help with the launch of its new iWatch, as the technology group intend on using the prestigious "Swiss made" label to market its new gadget, the head of LVMH's watch brands Jean-Claude Biver told CNBC.

*** Sunrise Calendar Announces New Mac Client With Offline Mode, Third-party App Integration ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/07/03/sunrise-calendar-announces-new-mac-client-with-offline-mode-third-party-app-integration/>
Chance Miller, 9 To 5 Mac

*** How To Stream Your Musical Performances Across The Web ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2450070/how-to-stream-your-musical-performances-across-the-web.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> The gist is that Nicecast allows you to use any app as an audio source and stream its output over a local network or the Internet.

*** Book Review: 'Preparing The Ghost' By Matthew Gavin Frank ***
<http://online.wsj.com/articles/book-review-preparing-the-ghost-by-matthew-gavin-frank-1404434200>
William Giraldi, Wall Street Journal

> The first footage of a giant squid in the wild was captured in 2012, but the beast has haunted the stories of sailors for centuries.

*** Zoo Animals And Their Discontents ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/06/magazine/zoo-animals-and-their-discontents.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email&_r=0>
Alex Halberstadt, New York Times