[MyAppleMenu] Jan 15, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jan 15 18:59:01 EST 2014

*** Review: Lacie Fuel, The Wireless Portable Drive For All Your iDevices ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/01/15/review-lacie-fuel-the-wireless-portable-drive-for-all-your-idevices/>
Ben Lovejoy, 9 To 5 Mac

> Going on a trip, you can carry virtually unlimited media in something small enough to slip inside any bag and with the convenience of wireless access with multiple devices.

> On a holiday, you have the reassurance of being able to shoot as much video and take as many photos as you like, transferring them to the drive and then being able to delete them from your phone to create space for new ones (though you’d then have just a single copy).

*** Apple's China Mobile Deal To Extend Beyond Handsets ***
<http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303595404579321402240063612?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303595404579321402240063612.html>
Paul Mozur, Wall Street Journal

> "We've gotten to know each other....today is a beginning, and I think there are lots more things our companies can do together in the future," Mr. Cook said.

*** Why You Should Delete Every Travel App From Your iPhone And Just Use Foursquare ***
<http://www.imore.com/why-foursquare-better-travel-guide-any-book-or-app-you-could-ever-buy>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> We know what Big Ben is and how to search for the London Eye on Google. What I want is an experience that's different from the next person that went to London on vacation. Foursquare gave us that.

*** Stylish Screensaver Recreates The iOS 7 Lock Screen Experience On Your Mac ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/01/14/stylish-screensaver-recreates-the-ios-7-lock-screen-experience-on-your-mac/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Benjamin Mayo, 9 To 5 Mac

*** View Extended Weather Details In The Default Weather App For iPhone ***
<http://osxdaily.com/2014/01/14/view-weather-details-iphone/>
OS X Daily

> Just open Weather app, navigate to the location you want to check the extended details for, and then do a single tap on the large current temperature reading to see specifics.

*** Perfectly Clear For iOS Corrects Your Photos With A Tap Or Two ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/14/perfectly-clear-for-ios-corrects-your-photos-with-a-tap-or-two/?ncid=rss_truncated>
Mel Martin, TUAW

*** The One Theology Book All Atheists Really Should Read ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/news/oliver-burkeman-s-blog/2014/jan/14/the-theology-book-atheists-should-read>
Oliver Burkeman, The Guardian

> What if most modern arguments against religious belief have been attacking the wrong God all along?

*** Is The Universe Made Of Math? ***
<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=is-the-universe-made-of-math-excerpt>
Max Tegmark, Scientific American

> What's the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything? In Douglas Adams' science-fiction spoof “The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy”, the answer was found to be 42; the hardest part turned out to be finding the real question. I find it very appropriate that Douglas Adams joked about 42, because mathematics has played a striking role in our growing understanding of our Universe.

*** We Need Critique In Tech ***
<http://modelviewculture.com/pieces/we-need-critique-in-tech>
Ashe Dryden, Model View Culture