[MyAppleMenu] Jan 13, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jan 13 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** Mophie Juice Pack Helium Review: Power Gets Thin ***
<http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/01/mophie-juice-pack-helium-review-power-gets-thin/>
Luke Hopewell, Gizmodo

*** Four Fun Ways To Customize Your Mac ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2086543/four-fun-ways-to-customize-your-mac.html>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> You may use your Mac for serious work, but sometimes it’s a good thing to add a touch of whimsy to it. Here are four quick tips for customizing OS X and making it a bit more fun to use.

*** Markdown: A Brand New Markdown Editor For iOS And OS X ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/01/markdown-a-brand-new-markdown-editor-for-ios-and-os-x>
Joe White, AppAdvice

*** Apple Launches Poetic New iPad Air Campaign: 'What Will Your Verse Be?' ***
<http://www.imore.com/apple-launches-poetic-new-ipad-air-campaign-what-will-your-verse-be>
Rene Ritchie, iMore

> Apple just debuted a new iPad Air commercial and campaign centered around poetry and what it means to be human. Called "What will your verse be?" it once again ties into Apple's "intersection of technology and liberal arts" theme by acknowledging the importance of science, but praising the achievements of the human soul.

*** You're Only Human. That's The Problem ***
<http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/01/03/hyperobjects.html>
Alexander Nazaryan, Newsweek

> Morton is the head of the English department at Rice University and a leader in the field of object-oriented ontology, affectionately known as OOO, a relatively recent philosophical movement that declares the human being just one thing among many things. Human consciousness, for OOO true believers, isn't all that special, even if we are a thing that can write epic poems, perform Bach concertos, and run a mean pick-and-roll.

*** A Mistake ***
<http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/features/2014/01/20/140120fi_fiction_sharma>
Akhil Sharma, New Yorker

*** “The Accidental Universe”: Physics Overthrows Itself ***
<http://www.salon.com/2014/01/12/the_accidental_universe_physics_overthrows_itself/>
Laura Miller, Salon