[MyAppleMenu] Feb 18, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Feb 18 18:59:00 EST 2014

*** OS X Mavericks, iOS 7: Text Shortcuts Explained ***
<http://blogs.computerworld.com/mac-os-x/23541/os-x-mavericks-ios-7-text-shortcuts-explained>
Jonny Evans, Computerworld

> Thanks to iCloud, Apple's OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 let you use the same Shortcuts for text entry on your Mac as on your mobile device. Here's how to enable and use the feature.

*** Peek Is A Very Pretty Calendar For iPhone ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/02/17/peek-is-a-very-pretty-calendar-for-iphone/>
Dave Caolo, TUAW

*** Apple Takes Your Verse iPad Campaign To New Heights With Mountaineering Feature ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2014/02/18/apple-takes-its-your-verse-ipad-campaign-to-new-heights-with-mountaineering-feature/>
Ben Lovejoy, 9 To 5 Mac

> Elevating the expedition is a new addition to the Your Verse microsite illustrating the ways in which mountaineers Adrian Ballinger and Emily Harrington use iPads to assist them with preparing for a climb, navigating the route and live-blogging their experiences and photographs …

*** ListBook 4.0 Brings iOS 7 Redesign, iCloud Sync ***
<http://www.macstories.net/news/listbook-4-0-brings-ios-7-redesign-icloud-sync/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

*** Panic Updates Diet Coda For iPad With Local File Support, New Syntax Modes And More ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/02/panic-updates-diet-coda-for-ipad-with-local-file-support-new-syntax-modes-and-more>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

> Now, you can edit files stored locally on your iPad. Also, as in Coda, remote files can now be downloaded to and uploaded from the local set.

*** Time Zone Conversions With TimeZlider ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/time-zone-conversions-with-timezlider/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> TimeZlider lets you compare time zones for multiple locations simultaneously by scrolling vertically on the screen to see how time changes across the globe.

*** iPad Versus MacBook For The Mobile Writer ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14521?rss>
Julio Ojeda-Zapata, TidBITS

> In the pre-iPad days, an Apple laptop would have been my device of choice for all of these mobile reporting scenarios, but I’d never pick a MacBook Air over the iPad Air today.

*** Our Numbered Days: The Evolution Of The Area Code ***
<http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/02/our-numbered-days-the-evolution-of-the-area-code/283803/?src=longreads>
Megan Garber, The Atlantic

> Long-distance digits long ago shed their monetary worth, but they gained something else in its place: cultural value.

*** A Writer Recalls His Amnesia ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/18/health/the-answer-to-the-riddle-is-me-a-debut-takes-on-memory-loss.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Gregory Cowles, New York Times