[MyAppleMenu] Aug 31, 2014

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Aug 31 18:59:01 EDT 2014

*** Apple Highlights Common Reasons For App Rejections In New Developer Webpage ***
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2014/08/apple-highlights-common-reasons-for-app-rejections-in-new-developer-webpage>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

*** Letterspace Gets iOS Writing And Editing Right ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2014/08/28/letterspace-gets-ios-writing-and-editing-right/>
Randy Murray, TUAW

*** Review: BlueLounge's Kickflip Is A Low-cost Way To Make Typing On Apple's MacBook Pro Even Better ***
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/30/review-bluelounges-kickflip-is-a-low-cost-way-to-make-typing-on-apples-macbook-pro-even-better>
Sam Oliver, AppleInsider

> The ergonomic benefits outweigh our minor grumbles, though, and we feel comfortable recommending the Kickflip without reservation for anyone who is often forced to use their laptop by itself on a desk.

*** Brunch Is A Waste Of Time, Money And Drunken Pleasure That You Don't Have ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/31/brunch-waste-of-time-money-drunken-pleasure>
Shawn Micallef, The Guardian

> All this effort for authenticity is imaginary: the world’s urban creative class has better things to do. Also, isn’t brunch kind of stressing you out?

*** Can The World Really Set Aside Half Of The Planet For Wildlife? ***
<http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/can-world-really-set-aside-half-planet-wildlife-180952379/?no-ist>
Tony Hiss, Smithsonian Magazine

> Wilson recently calculated that the only way humanity could stave off a mass extinction crisis, as devastating as the one that killed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago, would be to set aside half the planet as permanently protected areas for the ten million other species. “Half Earth,” in other words, as I began calling it—half for us, half for them. A version of this idea has been in circulation among conservationists for some time.

*** Can Jill Soloway Do Justice To The Trans Movement? ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/31/magazine/can-jill-soloway-do-justice-to-the-trans-movement.html?ref=magazine>
Taffy Brodesser Akner, New York Times