[MyAppleMenu] Sep 27, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Sep 27 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** iOS 7 Apps Are Prettier, But Are They Better? ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/27/4773656/ios-7-apps-are-prettier-but-are-they-better>
Ellis Hamburger, The Verge

*** Rename iTunes Radio Stations And Find Missing Podcasts ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2049251/rename-itunes-radio-stations-and-find-missing-podcasts.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> With a new iOS version and new iPhone hardware comes an updated version of iTunes. This week’s column covers a problem with missing podcasts in iTunes 11.1 and explains how to change the names of iTunes Radio stations. And because the best way to keep your iTunes library organized is to make sure your tags are correct—if they’re not consistent, you’ll have trouble finding music and other content when you want to play something—I also address a number of questions about tags.

*** Which iPhone Accessories Will Work With The 5S And 5C? ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2049317/which-iphone-accessories-will-work-with-the-5s-and-5c-.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

> How well will your current iOS accessories work with these new models? We’ve been testing various gadgets and gear, and here’s what we’ve found.

*** MemoZy iPhone App Review: Powerful Notetaking And To Do Lists ***
<http://www.tapscape.com/memozy-iphone-app-review/>
Tucker Cummings, Tapscape

*** What's Behind Apple's Epic Memory Markup ***
<http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-26/apples-memory-price-markup-for-iphones-ipads-swells-its-profit>
Adam Satariano And Ian King, Bloomberg

*** ResolutionTab Review: Resolve Your Resolution-switching Problems ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2047503/resolutiontab-review-resolve-your-resolution-switching-problems.html>
Roman Loyola, Macworld

> Click on its icon, and you can select the resolution you want for your screen. ResolutionTab support multiple monitors, and it senses where your menu bar resides and notes that display as the Main Display.

*** Apple Boosts Apple TV Content Offerings With Major League Soccer, Disney Junior ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/26/apple-boosts-apple-tv-content-offerings-with-major-league-soccer-disney-junior/>
Mark Gurman, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Safari On iOS 7 And HTML5: Problems, Changes And New APIs ***
<http://www.mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios7-html5-problems-apis-review>
Breaking The Mobile Web

> Apple has rolled out iOS 7 and in a few days the new devices iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C . As expected Apple has publish just 10% of the necessary information for web developers and I can say without fear of mistake that this is the buggiest Safari version since 1.0. In this post I’ll show you the new APIs and abilities and most of the problems that you will need to deal with right now if you have a website or a webapp.

*** Bono Says Apple Has Raised Over $65 Million For Product Red AIDS Fund ***
<http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/26/4774260/bono-says-apple-has-raised-over-65-million-product-red>
Chris Welch, The Verge

> Since joining the charity campaign in 2006, Apple has steadily released Product Red iPods, cases, and other accessories, with portions of each sale going towards the fight against AIDS.

*** Skitch 3: Reimagined For iOS 7 ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/skitch-3-reimagined-for-ios-7/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Skitch 3 has been redesigned and rebuilt for iOS 7, stripped away of the direct integration with an Evernote notebook, rebranded, and relaunched as a visual note-taking app focused on quick and fast markup. I have been testing Skitch 3 for the past few weeks, and, after an initial shock, I think it’s an excellent change.

*** iOS 7.0.2 Fixes Lock Screen Glitch ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/09/26/ios-7-0-2-fixes-lock-screen-glitch/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

> Apple has released iOS 7.0.2. It’s a maintenance upgrade that fixes a glitch that would let someone bypass the Lock screen on iOS devices and access your device.

*** Pixelmator 2.2.1 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14145?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> In addition to greatly speeding up the opening and saving of image files, the new Pixelmator file format saves edits in the background while you manipulate images, and it now saves individual edits to iCloud (rather than saving the whole image file each time).

*** Evernote Updates iOS App, Announces Partnership With Post-It And Creates Evernote Market At EC3 Conference ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/26/evernote-updates-ios-app-announces-partnership-with-post-it-and/>
John-Michael Bond, TUAW

> Version 7.0.1 brings a new Post-It Note Camera to the app. You can assign notes to different tags, notebooks, and reminders based on the color of the Post-It, and then search through handwritten text in images. The update also allows you to browse the Evernote Market and fixes numerous bugs.

*** ‘The Last First Day,’ By Carrie Brown ***
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/the-last-first-day-by-carrie-brown/2013/09/26/d444464e-1fb7-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html?wprss=rss_books>
Reeve Lindbergh, Washington Post

> “The Last First Day” is Carrie Brown’s quietly powerful new novel about a married couple, Peter and Ruth, moving into the last period of their long, shared lives.

*** Say Hello To Rick Ross ***
<http://www.esquire.com/features/rick-ross-drug-dealer-interview-1013>
Mike Sager, Esquire