[MyAppleMenu] Sep 4, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Sep 4 18:59:00 EDT 2013

*** No Time To Waste: 9 Apps To Avoid Long Waits ***
<http://www.techhive.com/article/2047154/no-time-to-waste-9-apps-to-avoid-long-waits.html#tk.rss_all>
Jasmine France, TechHive

> Whether you just want to speak to a human or you’re anxious to get to your next destination, a variety of apps can help. Of course, you can’t hope to avoid waiting entirely, but the selection below can help you shave valuable minutes off day-to-day tasks.

*** Run Scripts On Your Mac At Home From Your iPhone With Otto ***
<http://appledailyreport.com/2013/09/04/run-scripts-on-your-mac-at-home-from-your-iphone-with-otto/>
Dennis Sellers, Apple Daily Report

*** Want Amazing New Performance Out Of Your Old Mac Pro? Here's How ***
<http://www.imore.com/turbocharging-mac-pro-ssds-heres-how>
Peter Cohen, iMore

*** Apple Updates iLife For iOS Apps ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/03/apple-updates-ilife-for-ios-apps/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

> The company says the updates to iPhoto and iMovie address compatibility issues, while the update to GarageBand addresses minor issues related to general performance and stability. The "compatibility issues" may or may not relate to iOS 7, which is expected to be released to the public in the next several weeks.

*** VMware Releases Fusion 6 To Support OS X Mavericks, Windows 8.1 ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2048089/vmware-releases-fusion-6-to-support-os-x-mavericks-windows-8-1.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Miller, Macworld

> Fusion 6 is designed specifically to take advantage of new features in OS X Mavericks, including its refined handling of full-screen apps. (Running a Windows virtual machine full-screen on one display, while still running your OS X apps independently on another, is an attractive prospect.) Fusion 6 can also bring Mavericks’s enhanced dictation support to Windows apps.

*** Apple Sends Out Invites For Chinese Media Event On Septemer 11Th ***
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/04/apple-sends-out-invites-for-chinese-media-event-on-septemer-11th/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

> The Apple media event in China begins at 9:00AM Beijing time on September 11th.

9am on Sept 11 in Beijing is 6pm on Sept 10 in California, which is 8 hours after the start of the Apple event at the company's headquarters.

*** Apple Announces Special Event For September 10 ***
<http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/09/03/apple-announces-special-event-for-september-10/>
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop

> Apple on Tuesday sent out invites for a special event to be held on September 10, 2013 at the company’s Cupertino, Calif. headquarters.

*** The Blunders Of Our Governments By Anthony King And Ivor Crewe – Review ***
<http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/sep/04/blunders-government-king-crewe-review>
Peter Wilby, The Guardian