[MyAppleMenu] Nov 27, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Nov 27 18:59:00 EST 2013

*** How To Add Your PDFs To iBooks And Organize Them ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2063340/how-to-add-your-pdfs-to-ibooks-and-organize-them.html#tk.rss_all>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

*** After A Month Of Use, We Dish Out Our Biggest Gripes With OS X Mavericks ***
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/11/after-a-month-of-use-we-dish-out-our-biggest-gripes-with-os-x-mavericks/>
Andrew Cunningham, Ars Technica

> While Mavericks ushers in a number of desirable features and improvements to the operating system, those features don't always work exactly as advertised. Now that the software has been out for about a month, we thought we'd round up our most pressing gripes, in part to bring them to your attention, and also because complaining can be pretty cathartic.

*** Review: New iPad Mini Comes Up Big ***
<http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2013/11/26/ipad-mini-review/3703113/>
Edward C. Baig, USA Today

> In a smaller format, the iPad mini matches the iPad Air spec for spec and feature for feature.

*** Virtual Body Human Anatomy Is An Impressive 2D Anatomy App ***
<http://www.imedicalapps.com/2013/11/virtual-body-human-anatomy-app/>
Tom Lewis, iMedicalApps

*** Apple Promises 'The Friday You've Waited All Year For' In Black Friday Teaser ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2067001/apple-promises-the-friday-youve-waited-all-year-for-in-black-friday-teaser.html>
Philip Michaels, Macworld

> If past Apple Black Friday offerings are any indication, however, don’t expect to walk away from Apple’s sale with any kind of prices-so-low-you’ll-fear-for-Tim-Cook’s-sanity-type deals. Previous Apple sales have offered modest discounts on its own products and accessories, along with some savings on third-party offerings.

*** Unbound: A Photo Viewer For Dropbox ***
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/unbound-a-photo-viewer-for-dropbox/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Unbound by Pixite is a photo viewer for people who keep their photos in Dropbox. Unlike recent App Store trends, it comes as separate purchases for the iPhone and iPad priced at $2.99. The app is built for iOS 7, and it comes with viewing and sharing features that, right now, make it my best option to browse photos I’m storing on Dropbox.

*** How To Stop Receiving Notifications From A Website In OS X Mavericks ***
<http://www.imore.com/how-stop-receiving-notifications-website-os-x-mavericks>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

*** Procraster For iPhone Helps You Fight Procrastination And Break Down Large Projects ***
<http://www.imore.com/procraster-iphone-helps-you-fight-procrastination-and-break-down-large-projects>
Allyson Kazmucha, iMore

> Procraster for iPhone is a productivity app that can help you break down large projects into smaller steps.

*** Apple’s New Retail Boss Angela Ahrendts Lays Out Transition Philosophy, Follows Her Instincts ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/11/26/apples-new-retail-boss-angela-ahrendts-lays-out-transition-philosophy-follows-her-instincts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Jordan Kahn, 9 To 5 Mac

*** Turbo Boost And The New Mac Pro’s CPUs ***
<http://www.marco.org/2013/11/26/new-mac-pro-cpus>
Marco Arment

> There’s little reason to get the higher-end Mac Pro CPUs unless you know you’ll use all of the cores. And if you won’t be sustaining heavy parallel loads and you won’t take advantage of heavy GPU power, there’s a lot less reason to get the Mac Pro at all.

*** Book Review: Dogfight By Fred Vogelstein ***
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-simon/book-review-dogfight-by-f_b_4344540.html>
Phil Simon, The Huffington Post