[MyAppleMenu] May 2, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu May 2 18:59:00 EDT 2013

**** Apple Adds New 256 GB And 512 GB Flash Storage Options To iMac ****
<http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/02/apple-adds-new-256-gb-and-512-gb-flash-storage-options-to-imac/>
Eric Slivka, MacRumors

> Apple has added new storage options to its iMac lineup, allowing users to choose either a 256 GB or 512 GB flash storage drive as part of the order customization process. The new options are available as $300 and $600 surcharges respectively to replace the 1 TB traditional hard drive that is standard across all iMac models.

**** Angry Birds Friends Launches On iOS, Available Now In The App Store For Free ****
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/05/angry-birds-friends-launches-on-ios-available-now-in-the-app-store-for-free>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

**** OS X Image Editor Acorn Hits Version 4 With 150 New Features ****
<http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/05/os-x-image-editor-acorn-hits-version-4-with-150-new-features/>
Jacqui Cheng, Ars Technica

> The release, available for $29.99 throughout the month of May from the Mac App Store (regularly $49.99), boasts 150 new features, including an improved filter interface, non-destructive filters, a new curves adjustment tool, and more.

Also:
• <a href="http://www.macworld.com/article/2036992/review-acorn-4-adds-impressive-features-and-a-smart-new-look.html#tk.rss_all">Review: Acorn 4 adds impressive features and a smart new look</a> (Lex Friedman, Macworld)

**** Options For Previewing Fonts In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57582402-263/options-for-previewing-fonts-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

**** How To Create A VPN Shortcut In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57582451-263/how-to-create-a-vpn-shortcut-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> With the aid of a short Automator workflow, AppleScript can have you connected to your VPN with a single keystroke.

**** Review: CrazyTalk7 Arrives On The Mac With Advanced, Easy-to-use Interface And Features ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2032045/review-crazytalk7-arrives-on-the-mac-with-advanced-easy-to-use-interface-and-features.html>
Jeff Foster, Macworld

> CrazyTalk7 Pro is a powerful character animation tool that is both fun to use and has practical application for professional producers that seek a creative animation option. For beginners, the interface and tools are intuitive and easy to use and you’ll be animating quickly with no prior animation experience.

**** ReadKit Review ****
<http://www.maclife.com/article/reviews/readkit_review>
Chris Barylick, Mac Life

> ReadKit streamlines your reading with offline support for Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability, plus bookmarks from Pinboard and Delicious.

**** Snapheal Review ****
<http://www.maclife.com/article/reviews/snapheal_review>
Susie Ochs, Mac Life

> You can now import from Aperture as well as iPhoto, Photo Booth, and the Finder. In the Erase tab, you can paint on objects you want to remove, use the polygonal or free lasso, or even choose the Clone tool to pick the exact part of the photo you want to use to cover the unwanted part.

**** Review: Get Scanner-like Features For Any Camera With Prizmo 2 ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2036729/review-get-scanner-like-features-for-any-camera-with-prizmo-2.html#tk.rss_all>
James Galbraith, Macworld

> With Prizmo you use your iPhone camera, point and shoot camera, or DSLR to capture images of documents, and then the software uses optical character recognition (OCR) to turn the scans into editable text.

**** Printopia Pro Brings AirPrint Support To Organizations Large And Small ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2037004/printopia-pro-brings-airprint-support-to-organizations-large-and-small.html#tk.rss_all>
Marco Tabini, Macworld

**** Review: Google Now Useful As A Supplement To Siri ****
<http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/01/4211844/review-google-now-useful-as-a.html>
Anick Jesdanun, Associated Press

> Google Now is often compared with the Siri voice assistant on Apple's mobile devices, but its power lies in giving you information you need to know before you have to ask. It works best as a supplement to Siri, rather than a replacement, now that it has expanded from Android devices to iPhones and iPads.

**** Twitter’s Official iOS App Now Features Location-Based Trends ****
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/05/twitters-official-ios-app-now-features-location-based-trends>
Brent Dirks, AppAdvice

**** The Real Me ****