[MyAppleMenu] Mar 8, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Mar 8 18:59:00 EST 2013

**** Apple Maps Leads The Way In Navigation ****
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416321,00.asp>
John C. Dvorak, PC Magazine

> We were in three separate cars, each with a different navigation system, and we had several places to stop, including 1 Infinite Loop at the Apple headquarters in Cupertino.

**** Joining CD Tracks, Quickly Adding Items To Playlists, And iTunes Device Limits ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2030150/joining-cd-tracks-quickly-adding-items-to-playlists-and-itunes-device-limits.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

> Looking for the way to join tracks when you rip CDs with iTunes 11? Need to know how to get tracks into playlists quickly? What about iTunes Store device limits and gifting apps? All this and more in this week’s column.

**** Advice From An Apple Tech: Three Common Mac Fixes ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2030013/advice-from-an-apple-tech-three-common-mac-fixes.html#tk.rss_all>
Chris Barylick, Macworld

> Over the course of more than 200 repairs for the wearied and panicked tides that crashed the tech shop window, I figured that there were three incredibly common Mac problems that you can easily fix yourself or at least limit the damage.

**** How To Use Your Mac To Keep Your Data Safe And Stay Malware Free ****
<http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/308888-how-to-use-your-mac-to-keep-your-data-safe-and-stay-malware-free>
Max Eddy, PC Magazine

> The threats are out there, but there are ways to keep yourself safe.

**** Are Apple's Macs Becoming More Vulnerable To Malware? ****
<http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_22741463/are-macintosh-computers-becoming-more-vulnerable-malware>
John Boudereau, San Jose Mercury News

**** How To Control The Volume In iOS ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2030115/how-to-control-the-volume-in-ios.html#tk.rss_all>
Sharon Zardetto, Macworld

> But once you understand the different “kinds” of sounds, the interaction between software settings and the volume buttons, and how context overrides the default course of events, you’ll have better control over your device's volume.

**** Google Field Trip ****
<http://www.macstories.net/news/google-field-trip/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> Using your location, the app can provide notifications for “your interests” such as Food, Drinks & Fun, Museums, Deals, and more. The app uses various data providers, including their own Zagat, to provide information about places to the user.

**** Apple Issues Minor Updates To iWork For iOS Apps ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/03/07/apple-issues-minor-updates-to-iwork-for-ios-apps/>
Michael Grothaus, TUAW

Élyse Betters, 9 To 5 Mac

**** The Balinghou ****
<http://www.aeonmagazine.com/living-together/james-palmer-chinese-youth/>
James Palmer, Aeon

> Chinese parents bemoan the laziness and greed of their children, but this generation of young people has had enough.

**** Why Are We So Obsessed With The Pursuit Of Authenticity? ****
<http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/culture/2013/03/why-are-we-so-obsessed-pursuit-authenticity>
Steven Poole, New Statesman