[MyAppleMenu] Jan 22, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Jan 22 18:59:01 EST 2013

**** Apple To Invest $3M As It Looks To Open Apple Store In Jakarta And Begin Offering Direct Online Sales In Indonesia ****
<http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/01/22/apple-to-invest-3m-to-open-apple-store-in-jakarta-and-begin-offering-direct-online-sales-in-indonesia/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=Apple%20to%20invest%20$3m%20to%20open%20Apple%20Store%20in%20Jakarta%20and%20begin%20offering%20direct%20online%20sales%20in%20Indonesia&utm_medium=Twitter%20Publisher&utm_campaign=social%20media&awesm=tnw.to_t0Eb>
Matt Brian, The Next Web

**** Mac Troubleshooting: What To Do When The Trash Won’t Empty ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2025381/mac-troubleshooting-what-to-do-when-the-trash-won-t-empty.html>
Joe Kissell, Macworld

**** Apps We Can't Live Without: DragThing ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2025380/apps-we-cant-live-without-dragthing.html>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> Beyond being a way to launch applications with a single click, the docks you created could be used to access or launch a variety of items—folders, devices on a local network, servers, URLs, and so on. And you could create multiple docks. In my case, I created one dock for my currently running applications and another for applications I used routinely. The Macs I use today employ that same configuration.

**** Airendipity: The App That Took 10 Days To Win My Heart ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/01/22/airendipity-the-app-that-took-10-days-to-win-my-heart/>
Mike Wehner, TUAW

> The concept behind Airendipity is that you write your feelings, quotes, questions, or encouraging words in a short message and send it out to the world as a virtual paper airplane with complete anonymity. The main app screen features dozens of similar airplanes zooming all over the screen which you can capture, read, comment on, and then send back into the fray. You can track the path of your messages and see what cities or countries it has landed in, which really helps to offer a human aspect to the whole experience.

**** Apple's 'Red Friday' Lunar New Year Sale Will Bring Deals For Asian Customers On January 25 ****
<http://www.macrumors.com/2013/01/22/apples-red-friday-lunar-new-year-sale-will-bring-deals-for-asian-customers-on-january-25/>
Juli Clover, MacRumors

**** Review: Apple's New 21.5-In. iMac ****
<http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9235929/Review_Apple_s_new_21.5_in._iMac?source=rss_latest_content&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+computerworld%2Fnews%2Ffeed+%28Latest+from+Computerworld%29>
Michael deAgonia, Computerworld

**** Taming The Elephant: Awesome Evernote Tips And Tricks ****
<http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/productivity/taming-the-elephant-awesome-evernote-tips-and-tricks/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mactuts+%28Mactuts%2B%29>
Paula DuPont, Mactuts+

> Out of the box, Evernote comes with some pretty robust syncing tools for all your note-taking needs. If you haven’t dug in to all Evernote can do, though, you might not be aware of everything on offer or just how well you can integrate Evernote into your workflow. From automation to advanced searches, we’re going to make Evernote start working harder for you.

**** Mac Productivity > 10 TextExpander Date Snippets ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/01/21/mac-productivity-ten-textexpander-date-snippets/>
Ben Waldie, TUAW

**** Anti-Apple Anger ****
<http://www.marco.org/2013/01/21/anti-apple-anger>
Marco Arment

**** The Phantom Phone Booth ****
<http://lareviewofbooks.org/article.php?type=&id=1301&fulltext=1&media=>
Ariana Kelly, Los Angeles Review Of Books