[MyAppleMenu] Jan 11, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Jan 11 18:59:00 EST 2013

**** How To Use Final Cut Pro X With Your DSLR ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2023824/how-to-use-final-cut-pro-x-with-your-dslr.html>
Mark Spencer, Macworld

**** App Store Screenshot Changes ****
<http://www.macstories.net/links/app-store-screenshot-changes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** Here’s A New Way To Solve Problems: A Mac App That Combines Calculator And Paper ****
<http://bohemianboomer.com/2013/01/heres-a-new-way-to-solve-problems-a-mac-app-that-combines-calculator-and-paper/>
Jeff Mincey, Bohemian Boomer

**** Hate The Mac’s Dock? Need Less Clutter, More Efficiency? Build Your Own Custom Menu ****
<http://noodlemac.com/2013/01/hate-the-macs-dock-need-less-clutter-more-efficiency-build-your-own-custom-menu/>
Ron McElfresh, Noodlemac

**** CES 2013: Olloclip Launches iPhone5 Lens, Fifth Gen iPod Touch Adapter, Compatible Case ****
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/01/ces-2013-olloclip-launches-iphone5-lens-fifth-gen-ipod-touch-adapter-compatible-case>
Lory Gil, AppAdvice

**** Apple’s Next Battleground Isn’t TV; It’s Web Services ****
<http://allthingsd.com/20130110/apples-next-battleground-isnt-tv-its-web-services/>
John Paczkowski, All Things D

**** iFlicks Improves iTunes Imports ****
<http://tidbits.com/article/13490?rss>
Josh Centers, TidBITS

> Simply drag and drop your movies and TV shows into iFlicks and it does the rest, wrapping them in an Apple-friendly format, automatically pulling in art and metadata, and importing the videos into iTunes. You can add several at once, which is handy if you’re digitizing your entire library.

**** A Retina Web ****
<http://furbo.org/2013/01/10/a-retina-web/>
Craig Hockenberry, Furbo.org

> The main problem is that it’s very difficult to determine what type of image is best for the viewer. As the device and network ecosystems become more diverse, this problem will continue to get harder to solve.

**** 不会为抢市场推廉价智能手机 ****
<http://newspaper.jfdaily.com/xwwb/html/2013-01/09/content_954119.htm#>
黄银龙, 新闻晚报

> 希勒表示,市场份额并不是苹果最关心的,我们要做智能手机的领导者。苹果一直引以为豪的是,创造最好的产品。市场份额只是副产品。

("Market share is not what Apple cares most. We want to the leader in smartphones. What Apple is most proud of is creating the best product. Market share is only a side-effect.")
Also:
• <a href="http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/01/10/apples-schiller-says-that-despite-the-popularity-of-cheap-smartphones-they-will-not-be-the-future-of-apples-products/">Schiller: Despite popularity of cheap smartphones, they won’t be the future of Apple’s products</a> (The Next Web)

**** The Placebo Phenomenon ****
<http://harvardmagazine.com/2013/01/the-placebo-phenomenon>
Cara Feinberg, Harvard Magazine