[MyAppleMenu] Feb 7, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Feb 7 18:59:00 EST 2013

**** 33 Expert Tips And Tricks For iOS 6 ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2027220/33-expert-tips-and-tricks-for-ios-6.html>
Dan Moren and Lex Friedman, Macworld

> Perhaps you are already an iOS master. Or maybe you consider yourself more of a novice. Either way, we feel confident that at least some of the tips and tricks for iOS 6 that we present below will be new to you. What’s more, we hope you love them—and benefit from them—as much as we do.

**** RunKeeper Tracks All Your Running, Walking, And Cycling ****
<http://www.imore.com/runkeeper-tracks-all-your-running-walking-and-cycling>
Chris Oldroyd, IMore

> RunKeeper, the popular running, walking, and cycling tracking app for iPhone, has gotten even better recently with a whole new design, and funner, easier to use experience. And since it's Mobile Nations Fitness Month, the time couldn't be better to give it another look!

**** Manage Collapsed Window Errors In Lion Or Mountain Lion ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57568030-263/manage-collapsed-window-errors-in-lion-or-mountain-lion/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> If you use a MacBook system and plug in external monitors or if you regularly change display resolutions, then you might find certain programs (particularly Apple's TextEdit) will sometimes gather all windows into a collapsed group at some location on your display. This bug does not happen all the time and is therefore likely difficult to track and fix. However, if it happens to you then there are some things you can do to restore your windows and at least review them.

**** How To Review Completed Reminders In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57568019-263/how-to-review-completed-reminders-in-os-x/?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=MacFixIt>
Topher Kessler, CNET

**** Business Users Losing Faith In Apple's iWork Office Suite ****
<http://www.zdnet.com/business-users-losing-faith-in-apples-iwork-office-suite-7000010950/>
Jason D. O'Grady, ZDNet

> Several business users have told me that they're growing weary of iWork for OS X's second-class citizenship and its lack of updates. Some have told me that they're abandoning iWork entirely if it doesn't get any update love this year. And it isn't just the dearth of new features, iWork's performance is starting to lag.

**** How To Delete Reminders On iPhone And iPad ****
<http://www.imore.com/how-delete-reminders-iphone-and-ipad>
Allyson Kazmucha, IMore

**** Twitter For iOS Updated With UI Changes ****
<http://www.macgasm.net/2013/02/06/twitter-for-ios-updated-with-changes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macgasm%2Fmain+%28Macgasm%29>
Andrew Kunesh, Macgasm

**** Instapaper Text Bookmarklet As Safari Reader Replacement On Chrome For iOS ****
<http://www.macstories.net/links/instapaper-text-bookmarklet-as-safari-reader-replacement-on-chrome-for-ios/>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** Hands On With Mophie's Juice Pack Helium For iPhone 5 ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2027241/hands-on-with-mophies-juice-pack-helium-for-iphone-5.html>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

> In our initial use, it’s easy to put on, works well, and looks great. We’ll be putting it through more-rigorous testing, so stay tuned for our review.

**** Dropbox Announces An Easier, More Constrained Way For Developers To Implement Sync ****
<http://www.imore.com/dropbox-announces-easier-more-constrained-way-developers-implement-sync>
Rene Ritchie, IMore

> Dropbox, folder sync darling of iOS developers and users alike, has announced a new Dropbox Sync API that aims to make implementing in-app sync easier, but also safer and more constrained.

**** ProCutX For iPad Links With Final Cut Pro X, Lets You Slice And Dice Footage From Afar ****
<http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/06/procutx-ipad-for-final-cut-pro-x/>
Edgar Alvarez, Engadget

**** OS X Snow Leopard Stubbornly Rejects Retirement ****
<http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9236569/OS_X_Snow_Leopard_stubbornly_rejects_retirement?source=rss_operatingsystems&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+computerworld%2Fs%2Ffeed%2Ftopic%2F123+%28Computerworld+Mac+OS+News%29>
Gregg Keizer, Computerworld

> The numbers illustrate the persistence of Snow Leopard, which has gained a reputation as Apple's version of Microsoft's Windows XP, an OS that stubbornly sticks around.

The last operating system from Apple that can still run PowerPC apps.

**** iTunes Music Store Sells 25 Billionth Song ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2027240/itunes-music-store-sells-25-billionth-song.html>
Joel Mathis, Macworld

**** King Egbert And The Naming Of England ****
<http://www.historytoday.com/george-t-beech/king-egbert-and-naming-england>
George T. Beech, History Today

> Of greater interest is what this story reveals about Egbert’s conception of the royal office in the early ninth century: that he saw himself as the ruler of a single English people of a unified nation at a significantly earlier time than was previously thought.

**** Boys ****
<http://thewalrus.ca/boys/>
Carly Lewis, The Walrus

> I’m not saying that women are better writers than men, and I’m not saying all men lack the will to rise above stereotypes in their work (do you hear that, comment section?). I’m saying that something needs to change in the way literary profiles are written and the way the lives within them are handled, and that this would be a good step toward smoothing out what is currently an unbalanced gender structure in literary journalism.

**** Confessions Of A Corporate Spy ****
<http://www.inc.com/magazine/201302/george-chidi/confessions-of-a-corporate-spy.html>
George Chidi, Inc.com

> When I strolled into a Talbots near closing time on a Wednesday night, I wasn't expecting Phipps Plaza in Atlanta's ritzy Buckhead neighborhood to be so dead. Perfect for me. Less so for the store manager. I entered keenly aware of how completely out of place I must have seemed--a heavyset thirtysomething black guy in Walmart dress slacks, trying to look casual while fondling Hil­lary Clinton-esque blouses. If I were on staff, I might have briefly considered the possibility that I had come in only to knock over the place while things were quiet.

> And I would have been about right.

**** Now Serving Spite And Dutch Malaise ****
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/books/the-dinner-by-herman-koch.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
Janet Maslin, New York Times