[MyAppleMenu] Feb 5, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Tue Feb 5 18:59:00 EST 2013

**** How To Fix iMessage If Someone Crashes You With That Vicious Text String ****
<http://gizmodo.com/5981433/how-to-fix-imessage-if-someone-crashes-you-with-file>
Eric Limer, Gizmodo

> If you get crashed with a message containing that string, you may notice that iMessage just keeps rebooting. That's because that string is still hiding in your history. We have to get rid of it.

**** Apple Updates OS X Mountain Lion Server With Security Enhancements, Bug Fixes ****
<http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/02/04/apple-updates-os-x-mountain-lion-server-with-security-enhancements-bug-fixes>
AppleInsider

**** California Court Finds For Apple In Credit Card Suit ****
<http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/04/net-us-apple-privacy-ruling-idUSBRE9130TN20130204>
Dan Levine, Reuters

> Apple Inc and other online retailers did not break California law by requiring consumers to provide their address and phone numbers as a condition of accepting credit card payments, the state's high court ruled on Monday.

**** Re-Enabled ****
<http://the-magazine.org/9/re-enabled>
Steven Aquino, The Magazine

> Scott Forstall, then Apple’s iOS chief, stood onstage at the WWDC keynote last June and showed the audience a series of slides illustrating the many uses to which an iPad could be put. The one that resonated with me appeared for just a moment: It showed a boy with autism using an iPad.

> That scenario plays out for me every day. I work with special-needs children, and I also have a severe visual impairment. The situation depicted is part of my every working moment. But I wondered if Forstall’s slide was just another marketing bullet point to those outside our community. Do other people know about the profound changes iOS has brought to those with disabilities?

**** Bugs & Fixes: PDFs Saved From The Web Fail To Open ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2027011/bugs-and-fixes-pdfs-saved-from-the-web-fail-to-open.html>
Ted Landau, Macworld

**** Integrating OmniFocus And Reminders On OS X ****
<http://www.macstories.net/links/integrating-omnifocus-and-reminders-on-os-x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

**** Apple, Oracle Restore Java On OS X ****
<http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9236498/Apple_Oracle_restore_Java_on_OS_X?source=rss_operatingsystems&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+computerworld%2Fs%2Ffeed%2Ftopic%2F123+%28Computerworld+Mac+OS+News%29>
Gregg Keizer, Computerworld

**** Ted 2.0 ****
<http://www.macstories.net/links/ted-2-0/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Federico Viticci, MacStories

> The big new feature in this update is the addition of subtitles and translations.

**** Tweetbot For iOS Update Adds Chrome, Flickr, And Vine Support ****
<http://www.macgasm.net/2013/02/04/tweetbot-for-ios-update-adds-chrome-flickr-and-vine-support/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macgasm%2Fmain+%28Macgasm%29>
Kaylie Moise, Macgasm

**** If Marriage Is A Duel At 10 Paces ****
<http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/poem/2013/02/_if_marriage_is_a_duel_at_10_paces_by_traci_brimhall.html>
Traci Brimhall, Slate

**** Seeing And Believing ****
<http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/seeing-and-believing_699187.html>
Susanne Klingenstein, The Weekly Standard

> The scientific method for comprehending the world.

**** The Constant Leaf ****
<http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112237/henri-cole-constant-leaf>
Henri Cole, New Republic