[MyAppleMenu] Dec 2, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Dec 2 18:59:00 EST 2013

*** ScreenFlow 4.5 ***
<http://tidbits.com/article/14343?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

*** Constructing An iMovie Project ***
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2066991/constructing-an-imovie-project.html#tk.rss_all>
Christopher Breen, Macworld

> You’re familiar with iMovie’s interface, and you know how to import media. Now it’s a matter of placing the media you want in the timeline, adding transitions and titles, and exporting the resulting movie to a form that other people can view.

*** Apple Offering 0% Financing On Online Hardware Purchases In Most European Countries, Ends 10Th January ***
<http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/02/apple-offering-0-financing-on-online-hardware-purchases-in-most-european-countries-ends-10th-january/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Benjamin Mayo, 9 To 5 Mac

> Today, Apple has launched a promotion for online purchases, offering 0% financing on any purchase above £449 (or €400). The deal is on offer across most of Apple’s European websites, including the UK, France, Italy and Spain.

*** A Guide To Street Photography: Gavin Harrison's Smartphone Art ***
<http://www.engadget.com/2013/12/01/street-photography-gavin-harrison/>
Sharif Sakr, Engadget

> As you're about to see, Gavin Harrison doesn't stick to traditional ideas of what a street shot should look like, or to what sort of camera should be used to capture it. In fact, he spends more time thinking about smartphone apps than about lenses or exposure settings, and there's a lot he can teach us.

*** Moshi Digits Touchscreen Gloves Review ***
<http://www.technologytell.com/apple/127458/moshi-digits-touchscreen-gloves-review/>
Kirk Hiner, TechnologyTell

*** Photo Essay: The Hong Kong Apple Store SPECIAL ***
<http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/363139>
Lonna Lisa Williams, Digital Journal

> As I left the Hong Kong Apple Store and looked back one last time, I imagined Steve Jobs there among his creations, half visible like light shining through glass. He mixed poetry with technology. Even if he never rewarded me with a new computer for my long customer loyalty—I would like to thank him in this place.

*** Apple Stores Sport Red Logo For World AIDS Day ***
<http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-apple-stores-red-world-aids-day-20131201,0,3688117.story#axzz2mI0FF0KL>
Salvador Rodriguez, Los Angeles Times

> Besides changing their logos, many of Apple's stores have also dedicated some of their display tables to Product (RED) versions of Apple many items. When customers purchase Product (RED) Apple gadgets, the company donates a portion of the purchase to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa.

*** Spotify Finally Brings Browse Playlist Discovery Feature To The iPad ***
<http://www.imore.com/spotify-finally-brings-browse-playlist-discovery-feature-ipad>
Richard Devine, iMore

*** From Apple To Amazon: The New Monuments To Digital Domination ***
<http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/tech-giants-like-apple-and-amazon-building-monuments-to-digital-domination-a-936095.html>
Thomas Schulz, Spiegel

> The all-inclusive facilities of Google, Apple, Facebook and their planned expansions are a precise reflection of the spirit of Silicon Valley -- a spirit that is an intriguing paradox: It combines a disciplined domination of the market with the freedom of the creative hippie artist.

*** Coming Out As A Modern Family ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/01/fashion/coming-out-as-a-modern-family-modern-love.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0>
Maria Bello, New York Times

> He looked at me for what seemed like an eternity and then broke into a huge, warm smile. “Mom, love is love, whatever you are,” he said with wisdom beyond his years.

*** In Defence Of The Literary Review’s Bad Sex Award ***
<http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/in-defence-of-the-literary-reviews-bad-sex-award-8976029.html>
Jonathan Beckman, The Independent

> I’m a little smug, naturally, that these acute social commentators have attributed to me powers of such huge consequence, baleful though they may be, and acclaimed me the Dr No of oh yes, oh yes, Oh Yes, OH YES. Sadly, though, they manifest a fundamental misprision about the award’s purpose – a purpose that has evolved somewhat since the prize’s founding 20 years ago.

*** Out Of Print, Maybe, But Not Out Of Mind ***
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/technology/e-books-hold-tight-to-features-of-their-print-predecessors.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
David Streitfeld, New York Times