[MyAppleMenu] Apr 5, 2013

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Apr 5 18:59:00 EDT 2013

**** Find Missing Podcast Playlists, Replace Converted Songs In Playlists, And More ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2032928/find-missing-podcast-playlists-replace-converted-songs-in-playlists-and-more.html#tk.rss_all>
Kirk McElhearn, Macworld

**** Mac Gems: Disk Doctor 2.1 Frees Up Storage Space On Your Mac ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2032876/mac-gems-disk-doctor-2-1-frees-up-storage-space-on-your-mac.html#tk.rss_all>
Chris Barylick, Macworld

**** T-Mobile Preorders For iPhone 5 Kick Off Today ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2013/04/05/t-mobile-preorders-for-iphone-5-kick-off-today/>
Michael Rose, TUAW

**** Quickly Manage Documents From The Path Menu In OS X ****
<http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57578011-263/quickly-manage-documents-from-the-path-menu-in-os-x/>
Topher Kessler, CNET

> If you right-click or hold the Command or Control buttons while clicking the document's title, you will see a menu that shows the path to the document. Using this menu, you can not only reveal the document in the Finder, but also quickly access it for loading in other programs.

**** A Comparison Of Clipboard Managers ****
<http://www.macinchem.org/blog/files/7efb53375a11ee88627316f038ec95c0-1207.php>
Macs In Chemistry

**** Microsoft Ending Support For Office For Mac 2008 ****
<http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57577973-75/microsoft-ending-support-for-office-for-mac-2008/?>
Topher Kessler, CNET

**** Meetings For iPhone And Mac Review ****
<http://www.imore.com/meetings-iphone-mac-review>
Leanna Lofte, IMore

> Meetings is an app for iPhone and Mac by Command Guru that helps you plan, organize, and keep track of your meetings. It features a gorgeous interface and sections for participants, preparation, agenda, discussions, decisions, and tasks.

**** Use What Works ****
<http://verynicewebsite.net/2013/04/use-what-works/>
John Moltz's Very Nice Web Site

> I’m surprised that users would ask for a particularly underlying technology for syncing.

Except that iCloud is heavily promoted by Apple, and users can pay for storage so that all the data are on all the computers.
What doesn't concern users is the differentiation between iCloud's Core Data Sync, which, according to many developers, doesn't seem to work, and all the other iCloud's syncing, which does work very well.

**** Review: Easily Track Your Family Tree With Reunion 10 ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2032860/review-easily-track-your-family-tree-with-reunion-10.html#tk.rss_all>
Jeffery Battersby, Macworld

**** Mac Gems: Transloader Downloads iOS-encountered Files To Your Mac ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2032960/mac-gems-transloader-downloads-ios-encountered-files-to-your-mac.html#tk.rss_all>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

**** Orient Express ****
<http://www.saveur.com/article/Kitchen/Orient-Express-Egg-Foo-Yung>
Mei Chin, Saveur

> At 21 years old, I had never tried egg foo yung. A first-generation American-born Chinese, I was banned from certain things as a child. Television. Dating. Action movies. Then there was Chinese-American food, of which egg foo yung is an icon.

**** Artisanal Won't Die ****
<http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/artisanal-wont-die/63840/>
Jen Doll, The Atlantic

> A long, long, long time ago (like, last year) I wrote an obituary for the word Artisanal. It seemed high time to declare the word dead and get on with our lives. And yet, it has become clear in the months that have followed that even if Artisanal did die, Artisanal has a radioactive half-life so powerful that it could for years sustain full-fledged underground communities of humans making bread from hand-picked cornhusks and locally sifted flour. Artisanal is not dead, it's undead, a whole food zombie running around feasting on artisanal brains. Artisanal, regardless of an organic beefsteak tomato through the heart or a hand-hewn bamboo stick to the brain, is eternal. Eternally damned, maybe, but sticking around and torturing us nonetheless.

**** Yes, Healthful Fast Food Is Possible. But Edible? ****
<http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/magazine/yes-healthful-fast-food-is-possible-but-edible.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>
Mark Bittman, New York Times