[MyAppleMenu] Nov 24, 2012

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Nov 24 18:59:01 EST 2012

**** Crosspost For Mac Lets You Simultaneously Post To Facebook And Twitter, With A Twist ****
<http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/11/23/crosspost-for-mac-lets-you-simultaneously-post-to-facebook-and-twitter-with-a-twist/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheNextWeb+(The+Next+Web+All+Stories)>
Matt Brian, The Next Web

> Perhaps the most useful feature is the ‘Twitter Selector” option, which allows you to specify a slightly different version of your update specifically for Twitter.

**** Will The Future For Apple V. Google Be Decided In The iCloud? ****
<http://blogs.computerworld.com/public-cloud/21382/will-future-apple-v-google-be-decided-icloud>
Jonny Evans, Computerworld

**** Feed Your Mind Even While On The Go With The New iPhone-Optimized Khan Academy App ****
<http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/11/feed-your-mind-even-while-on-the-go-with-the-new-iphone-optimized-khan-academy-app>
Aldrin Calimlim, AppAdvice

**** A Cute Pal For Chronic Smudgeophobes ****
<http://gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/a-cute-pal-for-chronic-smudge-o-phobes/?partner=rss&emc=rss>
Roy Furchgott, New York Times

> There are many products for cleaning electronic screens — liquid sprays, microfiber cloths and such. But Unplugged Goods has a product to keep you from smudging your screens in the first place.

**** Review: HyperJuice 2 External MacBook And iPad Battery MBP2-100 ****
<http://9to5mac.com/2012/11/23/review-hyperjuice-2-external-macbook-and-ipad-battery-mbp2-100/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+9To5Mac-MacAllDay+%289+to+5+Mac+-+Apple+Intelligence%29>
Seth Weintraub, 9 To 5 Mac

**** Nudity, E-books And Censorship: How Apple Became Big Brother ****
<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/books-and-media/nudity-e-books-and-censorship-how-apple-became-big-brother/article5541912/?cmpid=rss1&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheGlobeAndMail-Entertainment+%28The+Globe+and+Mail+-+Arts+News%29>
Michael Posner, The Globe And Mail

> The two-part retrospective of Denmark’s lively hippie culture in the late 1960s and early 1970s was rejected by Apple’s iBookstore sales platform last month because – with photographs of naked men and women – it violated the company’s policy guidelines, which stipulate no sexually explicit photos.

**** Borderlands 2 Now Available On Mac ****
<http://www.tuaw.com/2012/11/23/borderlands-2-now-available-on-mac/>
Mike Schramm, TUAW

**** Danny And The Electric Kung Pao Pastrami Test ****
<http://www.gq.com/food-travel/restaurants-and-bars/201212/danny-bowien-interview-mission-chinese-profile?src=longreads>
Brett Martin, GQ

> Why is that hungry mob of New Yorkers swarming outside that nondescript take-out place? Because inside, Danny Bowien is doing some of the most exuberant, radically flavored cooking in America right now. Brett Martin spends a long psychedelic night at Mission Chinese Food, where top chefs and world leaders split the salt-cod fried rice, the keg beer is free, and the chiles numb the tongue and blow the mind.

**** Signing Books Was Nearly The Death Of Me ****
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/nov/24/terry-pratchett-signing-nearly-killed-me?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Fbooks%2Frss+%28Books%29>
Terry Pratchett, The Guardian

> Now that I have been made painfully aware of the ticking clock, and the possibility of an erratically ticking heart, tiny voices are saying things like, "You damn fool! You could be sitting at home in the chapel, happily writing books and not worrying your wife too much and staying within easy reach of a surgery and a pretty good hospital." It's a thought, I suppose – and I will respect the advice of my medics.

**** 'Sweet Tooth' By Ian McEwan Is A Spy Novel, But Not A Thriller ****
<http://www.latimes.com/features/books/jacketcopy/la-ca-jc-ian-mcewan-20121125,0,3962108.story>
Janelle Brown, Los Angeles Times

> The real subject of this novel is literature. "Sweet Tooth" is ultimately about the relationship between writers and readers: how frequently the writing of fiction is a form of infiltration and identity theft, how readers seek themselves in books, how much we know about an author from his creations.

**** Speaking Volumes ****
<http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/books/review/speaking-volumes.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>
William Grimes, New York Times