[MyAppleMenu] Dec 6, 2012

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Thu Dec 6 18:59:00 EST 2012

**** Tim Cook's Freshman Year: The Apple CEO Speaks ****
<http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-12-06/tim-cooks-freshman-year-the-apple-ceo-speaks>
Josh Tyrangiel, Bloomberg

> "We don’t subscribe to the vision that the OS for iPhones and iPads should be the same as Mac. As you know, iOS and Mac OS are built on the same base. And Craig has always managed the common elements. And so this is a logical extension. Customers want iOS and Mac OS X to work together seamlessly, not to be the same, but to work together seamlessly."

**** Apple CEO Tim Cook Announces Plans To Manufacture Mac Computers In USA ****
<http://rockcenter.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/06/15708290-apple-ceo-tim-cook-announces-plans-to-manufacture-mac-computers-in-usa?lite>
Ronnie Polidoro, Rock Center

> In an exclusive interview with Brian Williams airing tonight at 10pm/9c on NBC’s “Rock Center,” Apple CEO Tim Cook announced one of the existing Mac lines will be manufactured exclusively in the United States next year. Mac fans will have to wait to see which Mac line it will be because Apple, widely known for its secrecy, left it vague. Cook's announcement may or may not confirm recent rumors in the blogosphere sparked by iMacs inscribed in the back with “Assembled in USA.”

Also, from Tim Cook: "When I go into my living room and turn on the TV, I feel like I have gone backwards in time by 20 to 30 years. It’s an area of intense interest. I can’t say more than that."

**** Review: Apple's Remote App Gets A New iPad Interface, Support For Up Next ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2018605/review-apples-remote-app-gets-a-new-ipad-interface-support-for-up-next.html>
Serenity Caldwell, Macworld

> If you’ve upgraded to iTunes 11 and want to control your music from afar, this app is a great companion for iPhone and iPad alike. It still gives Apple TVs short shrift when it comes to controlling nonmusic content, but the gesture controller and keyboard make the Remote app much more valuable than its metal cousin.

**** Watermarker For Mac Is A Handy Utility ****
<http://52tiger.net/watermarker-for-mac-is-a-handy-utility/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+52Tiger+%2852+Tiger%29>
Dave Caolo, 52 Tiger

**** Twitterrific 5 ****
<http://shawnblanc.net/2012/12/twitterrific-5/>
Shawn Blanc

> Twitterrific 5 strikes me as an exercise in simplicity with a focus on all the little details.

**** Twitterrific 5 Review ****
<http://www.macstories.net/reviews/twitterrific-5-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+macstoriesnet+%28MacStories%29>
Cody Fink, MacStories

> It may be completely redesigned, but the core tenants that Twitterrific were founded upon remain in 5. Twitterrific has always been opinionated, decidedly simple, and never wanted to compete for your attention. And at its heart, Twitterrific 5 is still a Twitter app built with the same passion The Iconfactory builds into all of their apps. Twitterrific 5 is simply a better Twitterrific.

**** 2 Good Ways To Distraction Free Writing On A Mac (One Is Free, The Other Is Almost Free) ****
<http://mcsolo.com/2012/12/2-good-ways-to-distraction-free-writing-on-a-mac-one-is-free-the-other-is-almost-free/>
McSolo

**** Apple Updates iTunes, App Store Terms And Conditions ****
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/digitallifestyle/news/?newsid=3414872&olo=rss>
Martyn Williams, Macworld UK

**** Philips Unveils New Apple Lightning Speaker Docks ****
<http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412901,00.asp>
Stephanie Miot, PC Magazine

**** How To Fix Auto-brightness Issues With iOS 6 ****
<http://www.imore.com/how-fix-auto-brightness-issues-under-ios-6>
Allyson Kazmucha, IMore

**** Mactracker 7 ****
<http://tidbits.com/article/13435?rss>
Agen G. N. Schmitz, TidBITS

> Ian Page has released Mactracker 7, the popular encyclopedia of Apple products. It's been updated with Apple's operating system and hardware releases from the last couple of months, including iOS6, the iPhone 5, iPad mini, fourth generation iPad, 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, and the latest iPod nano and iPod touch models.

**** Playing Podcasts In iOS 6'S Music App ****
<http://www.macworld.com/article/2018304/playing-podcasts-in-ios-6s-music-app.html>

**** Fate’s Cruel Hand Nearly Ices A Heart ****
<http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/06/books/the-twelve-tribes-of-hattie-by-ayana-mathis.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0>