[MyAppleMenu] Dec 20, 2009

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 20 18:59:00 EST 2009

**** A Class Reaches Out And Touches High-Tech Art <http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=1990613b9cd87af06cd515ab29903a11>
Jessica Reaves, New York Times

Mike Nourse, a co-founder of the Chicago Art Department, has reconciled his love/hate relationship with iPhones by creating an art class around the phone.

**** Time To See Past The Steve Jobs Delusion <http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2009/12/apple-customers-iphone>
Jason Stamper, New Statesman

Whatever Apple throws at its customers, they come back more evangelical than ever.

**** Upper Mismanagement <http://www.tnr.com/article/economy/wagoner-henderson>
Noam Scheiber, The New Republic

Why can't Americans make things? Two words: business school.

**** The Bad Bag Habit <http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_468784.html>
Goh Chin Lian, Straits Times

It's a common sight at bakeries: one bag for one bun when you take your tray of bread to the cashier. Then it all goes into a bigger plastic bag.

Environmentalists baulk at this excessive use of plastic, but bakeries say it is for hygiene, and customers want it this way.

**** 'It Is Like UN In My Bunk' <http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_468798.html>
Jermyn Chow, Straits Times

More foreign-born young men are serving national service.

**** So Contradicting. <http://rachelzeng.wordpress.com/2009/12/20/so-contradicting/>
Rachel Zeng

Once again, may I implore Mr. K Shanmugam, our law minister, to enlighten us here once again on this issue.

**** Confusion In Johor Over Fuel Sales Cap <http://news.asiaone.com/News/the%2BStraits%2BTimes/Story/A1Story20091220-186976.html>
Khushwant Singh, Straits Times

**** A Veggie In Lion City <http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_a-veggie-in-lion-city_1325463>
Shubhangi Khapre, Daily News And Analysis

**** Loosen Stranglehold Before Providing Political Education <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2009/12/loosen-stranglehold-before-providing-political-education/>
Ng E-Jay, The Online Citizen

How does our Law Minister propose to promote greater political awareness in schools when there is active censorship and restriction of expression of political ideas? How can any meaningful political education take place if there remains a general climate of fear about openly criticizing Government policies, especially in the civil service?

**** More Chances For S'poreans <http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_468833.html>
Amelia Tan, Straits Times

See Also: Measures to Further Differentiate Citizens, Permanent Residents and International Students in Education [http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2009/12/measures-to-further-differenti.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+singapore-education%2Fpress+%28Press+Releases%29], by Singapore Government.