[MyAppleMenu] Feb 9, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Feb 9 13:15:02 EST 2008

**** The MacBook Air: Sleek, Light, Classy - And Limited <http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2004173136_ptmacbookair09.html>
by Glenn Fleishman, Seattle Times

**** Microsoft Is Stupid, Apple Is Not <http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,2257007,00.asp>
by Jim Lynch, ExtremeTech

**** 32GB iPod Touch <http://www.macworld.com/article/132034/2008/02/32gbipodtouch.html>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld
If you held off on purchasing an iPod touch because it hasn't offered enough of the iPhone's functionality or storage, it may be time to reconsider unbuckling your credit card.
/For those who live outside of an iTunes Store, I'd recommend further waiting. Those who bought the early version of the iPod touch cannot easily add on the five 'new' applications. I'd wait at least after the SDK announcement is out, and make a decision then./

**** Simplify Working With Shares In 10.5 <http://www.macworld.com/article/132023/2008/02/105shares.html>
by Rob Griffiths, Macworld

**** Security Software Aids iMac Recovery, Free To School <http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/02/08/waikato.university.imac/>
by MacNN

**** Backstage At The Grammy Awards, Macs Run The Show <http://www.macworld.com/article/132032/2008/02/grammys.html>
by Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

**** A Google Horror Story: What Happens When You Are Disappeared <http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2008/02/08/a_google_horror.html>
by Apophenia
When companies host all of your data and have the ability to delete you and it at-will, all sorts of nighmarish science fiction futures are possible.

**** Designing What's Right For Consumers <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/07/technology/personaltech/07pogue-email.html?ex=1360126800&en=16413e9162bf330d&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink>
by David Pogue, New York Times

**** Singaore And Johor Bahru To Build Subway <http://www.zaobao.com.sg/yx/yx080209_504.shtml>
by Lianhe Zaobao

**** Cabinet Reshuffle After Budget Is Settled: PM Lee <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_204602.html>
by Zakir Hussain, Straits Times
Prime minister Lee Hsien Loong said details of any cabinet reshuffle will be looked at only after the budget is settled.

**** New ERP 'Not Based On Time Spent On Road' <http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BForum/Story/STIStory_204617.html>
by Chin Kian Keong, Land Transport Authority, Straits Times
Road pricing works only when users know in advance how roads are priced and change their behaviour accordingly, so there will be no dynamic pricing that would surprise road users.
/Notice the reply said "change... behaviour accordingly," and not "change routes accordingly." ERP is meant to push users toward public transport, and not toward secondary roads. Don't be surprised if all roads will be tolled in the future./