[MyAppleMenu] Apr 7, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Apr 7 13:15:00 EDT 2008

**** Mac: After Two Months Of Mac, Here's Why I Switched <http://www.davidalison.com/2008/04/mac-after-two-months-of-mac-heres-why-i.html>
by David Alison
I'm having too much fun exploring my Mac.

**** Toon Boom Studio Express 4 Ships <http://www.macworld.co.uk/macsoftware/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=20916>
by Jonny Evans, Macworld UK
Developers, TOon Boom Studio have tweaked its easy-to-use animation software with a better user interface, calligraphic lines styles and feather edges for creating blurs and glows.

**** Allegation That Apple Deliberately Kills iPods Over The Line <http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/appleaday/blog/2008/04/allegation_that_apple_delibera.html>
by David Zeiler, Baltimore Sun

**** Mac Switch <http://orgtheory.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/mac-switch/>
by Orgtheroy.net

**** A More Enterprise-Friendly Apple? <http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/feat/D588A7C967541C86CC2574240019500D>
by C.G. Lynch, Reseller News
Employees could lead the charge to change.

**** More Thoughts On My iPod Touch <http://prazas.wordpress.com/2008/04/06/more-thoughts-on-my-ipod-touch/>
by Casual Observations
One of the reasons I have a very good control over my personal finance is I am able to control my impulsiveness to buy. iPod Touch has completely turned my discipline upside down in a matter of days.

**** Flow Goes 1.0 <http://www.tuaw.com/2008/04/06/flow-goes-1-0/>
by Cory Bohon, The Unofficial Apple Weblog
Flow, a pleasant FTp client for the Mac, has definitely come a long way since we last took a look at it.

**** 3G iPhones And The FCC Myth <http://www.macrumors.com/2008/04/03/3g-iphones-and-the-fcc-myth/>
by Arnold Kim, MacRumors.com
Apple frequently announces new products that don't first show up in the FCC database. Also, companies are allowed to have some degree of confidentiality for products.

**** Anatomy Of A 'Blogging Will Kill You' Story: Why I Didn't Make The Cut <http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=8389>
by Larry Dignan, ZDNet.com
The point I was tryng to make was that nothing (certainly the deaths of Russell and Marc Orchant and Om's heart attack) exist in a vacuum. You have to take care of yourself.

**** 'Allah' Vs. 'God' <http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-alameddine6apr06,0,2743519.story?track=rss>
by Rabih Alameddine, Los Angeles Times
Using English to separate the two has become a dangerous practice.

**** Reading As Vacation <http://www.barcelonareview.com/62/e_jds.html>
by J.D. Smith, The Barcelona Review
If reading intellectually challenging literature is an activity like no other, as writers readily note, and one that might even improve society, as writers say when they are trying to justify their existence, one may ask how to make people reconsider those propositions in an age of growing indifference to the written word. In the language of marketing, how can "serious" reading be positioned?

**** Our Racist, Sexist Selves <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/opinion/06kristof.html?_r=1&ex=1365220800&en=630c7f6f9a4a7d2b&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin>
by Nicholas D. Kristof, New York Times
Maybe the impact of this presidential contest won't be measured just in national policies, but also in progress in the deepest recesses of our own minds.

**** Taser Buzz Kill <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicola-griffith/taser-buzz-kill_b_95114.html>
by Nicola Griffith, Huffington Post
Safety blankets have never saved anyone.

**** Brain Drain In SG. The 2 Os. <http://soulgroovesg.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/brain-drain-in-sg-the-2-os/>
by Snapshots Of Life

**** Responsibility And Blame, Shame Shame <http://thesunshineson.wordpress.com/2008/04/07/responsibility-and-blame-shame-shame/>
by The Sun Shines On Singapore
If SIngaporeans are to be blamed for anything, it is our complancency to vote this government in over and over again.

**** FEER Granted More Time To File Affidavits In Defamatory Suit <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/339890/1/.html>
by Chio Su Mei, Channel NewsAsia

**** Elderly Cleaners In Singapore <http://singaporemind.blogspot.com/2008/04/elderly-cleaners-in-singapore.html>
by Diary Of A Singaporean Mind

**** ST And The Betrayal Of Intelligence <http://www.dailybacktrack.com/index.php?/archives/678-ST-and-the-betrayal-of-intelligence.html>
by Joel Tan, Daily Backtrack
The ST disgusts me here because it carried the story without any incredulity whatsoever.

**** Uniquely Singapore: Public Accountability <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/04/07/uniquely-singapore-3/>
by Leong Sze Hian, theonlinecitizen
Why is that there is so much information in Singapore that is secret?

**** Man Found Dead On Choa Chu Kang MRT Track, Train Services Disrupted <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_224672.html>
by Straits Times
Morning rush hour train services at Chua Chu Kang station were disrupted on Monday after a man was found dead on the MRT track.
See Also:<br/>
Bukit Gomak MRT Station: In Chaos <http://singapore2india.blogspot.com/2008/04/bukit-gombak-mrt-station-in-chaos.html>, by Singapore To India. Why SMRT team is not ready with contingency measures when such disruption occurs?
K Yours Truly Is Damn Freaking Hell Pissed Off Now <http://rubyisloved.blogspot.com/2008/04/k-yours-truly-is-damn-freaking-hell.html>, by My Bestfriend, My Girlfriends. There were people trying to videotape everything down, people trying to squeeze into the bus, people trying to flag a cab w/o joining the cab queue, people making phone calls franctically, people pushing here and there.
MRT Service Down Again <http://magwill.blogspot.com/2008/04/mrt-service-down-again.html>, by This Simple Thing Called Love. Though there were free shuttle buses but you could hardly aboard the buses as there were too many people.
Darn <http://stranger-ofmyheart.blogspot.com/2008/04/darn.html>, by When Dawn Fades To Dusk. Can't get onboard the bus from CCK to Bukit Batok... Can't get the cab despite waiting for an hour.
SMRT... <http://pepsbpghssajcnussux.blogspot.com/2008/04/smrt.html>, by Spider Sense Danger! Humans make mistakes, but making mistakes at this point of time is bad.

**** Complacency - Finally Tsunami Hits Singapore! <http://feedmetothefish.blogspot.com/2008/04/complacency-finally-tsunami-hits.html>
by Feed Me To The Fish
There's joy and meaning to the lives of Singaporeans yet!

**** Lawyers In Singapore: Time For Market Forces To Decide <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/analysis/view/339787/1/.html>
by Conrad Raj, Today
It is not that difficult to put a finger on why Singapore has suddenly found itself in a situation where lawyers have become an endangered speices.

**** Health Ministry Draws Lines On Aesthetic Practices <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/339788/1/.html>
by Alicia Wong, Today
Is it a turf war between plastic surgeons and other doctors, or is it about patient safety?

**** Mas Selamat's Escape Was Not Gahmen Fault, It Was Yours And Mine <http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2008/04/mas-selanats-es.html>
by mrbrown
We are so sorry we letyour efficiency and successful running of our country lull us into a false sense of security. We now know that when things go right, it is because the Gahmen is good. And when things go wrong, it is our complacency and our fault.

**** Streetdirectory.com Willl Stay Alive <http://www.todayonline.com/articles/246985.asp>
by Jinny Koh and Sheralyn Tay, Today
At a meeting on Saturday after it lost its case in the High Court, shareholders of Virtual Map decided to continue running its website. They also decided not to refund the parties VM had fined for unauthorised use of its maps.

**** Unusual Scholarship Gives Dropout Hope <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_224563.html>
by Jane Ng, Straits Times
Evohub told The Straits Times it is offering 10 to 15 partial scholarships worth $10,000 each to help troubled teenagers get back on track. The money will fund an advanced diploma in IT that could eventually land students a spot in a university-level programme offered by private school Informatics.