[MyAppleMenu] Sep 30, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Sep 30 13:15:00 EDT 2007

**** Reports Of 1.1.1-To-1.0.2 iPhone Downgrades Trickling In <http://www.tuaw.com/2007/09/29/breaking-reports-of-1-1-1-to-1-0-2-iphone-downgrades-trickling/>
by Erica Sadun, The Unofficial Apple Weblog

**** iPhone Tries VoIP <http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,137851-c,webtelephonyconferencing/article.html>
by Brad Reed, Network World
Truphone is showing how to use the iPhone's built-in Wi-fi for internet telephony.

**** Crushing The Life Out Of The iPhone Ecosystem <http://www.iconnectdots.com/ctd/2007/09/crushing-the-li.html>
by Steve Borsch, Connecting The Dots
I'm bored with my stock iPhone /and/ I'm bummed.

**** 10 Years After "Think Different" <http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/09/29/10-years-of-think-different>
by Charles Jade, Ars Technica
On September 28th, 1997, the "Think Different" campaign debuted in video and print.

**** If You Care About Your Rights, Don't Buy An iPhone <http://machinist.salon.com/blog/2007/09/28/unlock_iphone/index.html>
by Farhad Manjoo, Salon
Apple has now made it plain that anybody who buys the iPhone is not really buying it. What we're doing instead is more like renting it &mdash; Apple remains your landlord, stern, controlling, and allowed to evict you at will.

**** Navigating To Nowhere On The iPhone <http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/28/navigating-to-nowhere-on-the-iphone/>
by Saul Hansell, New York Times Blog
Steve Jobs undercut what was a promising business move for Mexens Technologies, a New York firm that introduced a navigation software program for the iPhone nine days ago.

**** iPhone Epidemic? <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21047572/site/newsweek/>
by Emily Flynn Vencat, Newsweek
Security experts worry that all the excitement surounding Apple's newest device will work on hackers like a red rag to a bull.

**** How Do We Come Up With Words? <http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-op-pinker30sep30,0,4972759.story?track=rss>
by Steven Pinker, Los Angeles Times
Thinking about how words get made can challenge some of our fundamental assumptions.

**** Myanmar Citizens Pray For Peace In Singapore <http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSSP30178620070930>
by Reuters
Hundreds of Myanmar citizens in Singapore thronged to a temple on Sunday to pray for a peaceful end to the bloody crackdown on protests against military rule in their homeland.
See Also:
Crowd Holds Candlelight Vigil Outside Myanmar Embassy In Singaore <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/303065/1/.html>, by Wong SIew Ying, Channel NewsAsia. A small crowd gathered outside the Myanmar Embassy in SIngapore on Sunday evening to remember those killed in protests in Myanmar in recent days.

**** Whose Side Are You On Singapore? <http://izreloaded.blogspot.com/2007/09/whose-side-are-you-on-singapore.html>
by I.Z. Reloaded
It's nice to have our government show the world that it cares in resolving the crisis in our neighbouring country, but it has to do more than just talk, especially since the world perceives that we are aiding the junta.

**** An Emergency In Art <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21047407/site/newsweek/>
by Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop, Newsweek
An exhibit in SIngapore reveals the different ways paintings can be used to promote a political cause.

**** Home Away From Home For Singaporeans Overseas <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_162682.html>
by Yeo Ghim Lay, Straits Times
Singapore government sets up clubs for citizens abroad to meet and mingle.

**** Gold Rush <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_162744.html>
by Mavis Toh and Debbie Yong, Straits Times
With gold prices at a 27-year high, investors and ordinary folk are cashing in on their bling.

The Shuffe by MyAppleMenu

**** That's That <http://www.stereogum.com/archives/mp3/new-cass-mccombs-thats-that.html>
by Cass McCombs
Click here to listen <http://www.stereogum.com/mp3/Cass%20McCombs%20-%20That's%20That.mp3>.