[MyAppleMenu] Oct 7, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Oct 7 13:15:01 EDT 2007

**** Nanos And Classics Get A Second Update <http://www.macuser.com/ipod/nanos_and_classics_get_a_secon.php?lsrc=murss>
by Thomas Gagno-van Leeuwen, MacUser
If you use CoverFlow, you'll find it flows noticeably better, and the album art appears a little quicker than before. As for bugs, it appears several of them have indeed been fixed.

**** Apple Envy Everywhere <http://gracefulflavor.net/2007/10/05/apple-envy-everywhere/>
by Graceful Flavor
Trying to be Apple when Apple is already Apple is a tacit admission that the original is better than the copycat.

**** Facebook's Core College Student Users Laugh At Attempts To Use It For Business <http://publishing2.com/2007/10/06/facebooks-core-college-student-users-laugh-at-attempts-to-use-it-for-business/>
by Scott Karp, Publishing 2.0

**** 'Marooned' Rethinks The Desert Island Album <http://www.calendarlive.com/books/cl-et-book25aug25,0,4289402.story?coll=cl-books-features>
by Erik Himmelsbach, Los Angeles Times
Nothing beats the life out of a good recording more than reading about it. It's the rare pop music critic whose prose can approximate the moon-launcing emotional jolt a listener gets from hearing an amazing song.

**** Social Historian <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/books/review/Dowd-t.html?ref=books>
by Maureen Dowd, New York Times
It's hard not to like a book that expounds on Marilyn Monroe on one page and the Monroe Doctrine on the next. When Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr. ruminates on the realm of hemispheric affairs, the transition from one Monroe to the other is seamless, as is the slide from Bosnia to Bianca Jagger and from Alexander Hamilton to Angie Dickinson. His diaries are a Tifany's window of name-dropping. THis is not history so much as historical trail mix.

**** Is There A Future For Old-Fashioned Museums? <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/05/AR2007100500150.html?nav=most_emailed>
by JOel Garreau, Washington Post
In the age of the networked computer, museums are being fundamentally challenged in the same ways that other bastions of education and entertainment &mdash; from libraries to the music industry &mdash; are being rocked to their cores.

**** Burmese Sanction Unncessary? <http://singaporesundry.blogspot.com/2007/10/burmese-sanction-unnecessary.html>
by All And Sundry Singapore

**** Hippocratic Oath Of Doctors Or Hypocrite's Oath Of Politicians? <http://urbanrant.blogspot.com/2007/10/hippocratic-oath-of-doctors-or.html>
by Urbanrant
Giving medical treatment to a sick dictator sounds like a compassionate thing to do, but surely that does not include visas for their families to stay in our nice Orchard road hotels and shop in our shoppers' paradise as well.

**** Sundays With Dad <http://theblogofaaargh.blogspot.com/2007/10/sundays-with-dad.html>
by Theatre Of Cruelty
I think hor, sometimes life is sibeh the ironic can.

**** Dr Chee's Weird Thinking <http://young-pap.blogspot.com/2007/10/dr-chees-wierd-thinking.html>
by Young Pay-And-Pay Blog
In Singapore, only one thing matters: money!

**** Much Ado About Exploitation <http://nedstark.wordpress.com/2007/10/07/much-ado-about-exploitation/>
by Ned Stark, Winter Is Coming
There are instances where the end justifies the means and perhaps in this instance it can be said to be so, assuming of course that the so-called accusations of exploitation is even valid in the first place.

**** Transport Grievances One Hot Isue At Dialogue Session <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/304360/1/.html>
by Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

**** Further Than Closer To A First World Nation <http://bleongcw.typepad.com/simple_is_the_reason_of_m/2007/10/further-than-cl.html>
by Simple Is The Reason Of My Heart
In our current age of turbulence, the Iraq war and the recent Burmese military junta atrocities, Singapore has not stepped up as a "first world" society.

**** MOF Accepts Most Of The Suggestions On Income Tax Amendment Bill <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/304344/1/.html>
by Dominique Loh, Channel NewsAsia

**** The Mathematics Of Pension Fund Returns... <http://singaporemind.blogspot.com/2007/10/mathematics-of-pension-fund-returns.html>
by Diary Of A Singapore Mind