[MyAppleMenu] Mar 26, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Mar 26 13:15:01 EDT 2007

[Announcement]

*** MyAppleMenu Goes Dark
Heng-Cheong Leong

I am taking a break, and there will be no more updates to this web site for the rest of the week. The next scheduled update will be on 1st April 2007, Sunday. And no, this is not an early April Fools' joke.

[News]

*** Amazon Leaks Adobe CS3 Pricing, Availability Dates, Code Split
<http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2600>
Aidan Malley, AppleInsider

One of the largest online retailers has let slip the entire launch strategy for Adobe's Creative Suite 3 and its various individual apps -- and revealed that PowerPC-based Macs may soon become second-class citizens in the program designer's eyes.

[Opinion]

*** Switching My Mom To The Mac
<http://db.tidbits.com/article/8922>
Robert Movin, TidBITS

Now we're a family of Macs. No more cleaning spyware off Mom's PC, no more struggling to walk her through registry hacks over the phone (just kidding), and a level of connectivity I could only imagine a few years ago.

*** Parallels, Cricket, Baseabll And Life's Little Joys
<http://gigaom.com/2007/03/25/parallels-baseball-cricket/>
Om Malik, GigaOM

For next six months Virtualization will be part of my daily life...

[Announcement]

*** The Tomorrow Weblog Goes Dark
Heng-Cheong Leong

I am taking a break, and there will be no more updates to this web site for the rest of the week. The next scheduled update will be on 1st April 2007, Sunday. And no, this is not an early April Fools' joke.

[Announcement]

*** MyAppleMenu Reader Goes Dark
Heng-Cheong Leong

I am taking a break, and there will be no more updates to this web site for the rest of the week. The next scheduled update will be on 1st April 2007, Sunday. And no, this is not an early April Fools' joke.

[Life]

*** Theater's Alive With The Sound Of Laptops
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/theater/25green.html?_r=1&8dpc&oref=slogin>
Jesse Green, New York Times

Computer-enhanced pit bands are sweeping the country. Is Broadway next?

*** Will Diners Still Swallow This?
<http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/25/business/yourmoney/25bite.html?ex=1332475200&en=ffd3c98c6afe7f6d&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Andrew Martin, New York Times

On your plate, a battle between profit and portions.

[Announcement]

*** SingaporeSurf Goes Dark
Heng-Cheong Leong

I am taking a break, and there will be no more updates to this web site for the rest of the week. The next scheduled update will be on 1st April 2007, Sunday. And no, this is not an early April Fools' joke.

[News]

*** Singapore Woos Immigrants To Boost Population
<http://www.boston.com/news/world/asia/articles/2007/03/26/singapore_woos_immigrants_to_boost_population/>
Koh Gui Qing, Reuters

Such a huge influx of people is worrying many Singaporeans, who fear that they will lose their jobs to foreign immigrants. They also worry about over-crowding and strained race relations.

*** Name Your Own Plates For Singapore Cars
<http://www.straitstimes.com/portal/site/STI/menuitem.c2aef3d65baca16abb31f610a06310a0/?vgnextoid=6fadbe120b93a010VgnVCM1000000a35010aRCRD&vgnextfmt=vgnartid:cf678d8668981110VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD>
Christopher Tan, Straits Times

Personalised or vanity plates could hit Singapore's streets as soon as this year, sources told The Straits Times.

[Opinion]

*** The Perils Of Attempting To Regulate The Internet
<http://intelligentsingaporean.wordpress.com/2007/03/25/the-perils-of-attempting-to-regulate-the-internet/>
Intelligent Singaporean

*** One Missing Piece In The Jigsaw Puzzle Of Civil Service Pay
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/179514.asp>
P N Balji, Today

Those opposed to using private sector benchmarks argue that public service, as the term makes it clear, is somewhat like voluntary work where pay and perks are low down in the pecking order.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]