[MyAppleMenu] Dec 2, 2007

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Dec 2 13:15:01 EST 2007

**** Will Apple Unlock The iPhone's True Potential In 2008? <http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/business/appleaday/blog/2007/11/will_apple_unlock_the_iphones.html>
by David Zeiler, Baltimore Sun
If Apple can bend a little on the issue of locking the iPhone to one provider, the potential is mind-boggling.

**** The Reading Life <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/30/AR2007113000042.html>
by Garrison Keillor, Washington Post
When I was 12, two things happened that made me a writer. I shoplifted a book of poems from a department store a few days before Christmas, and my cousin ROger drowned in Lake Minnetonka the week he graduated from high school in Minneapolis.

**** Prudent To Protect Sinking Funds Of Town Councils: DPM Wong <http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/315072/1/.html>
by Wong Mun Wai, Channel NewsAsia

**** The Old Man Lee Kuan Yew On Press Freedom In RP <http://nwhatdheck-nwhatdheck.blogspot.com/2007/12/old-man-lee-kuan-yu-on-press-freedom-in.html>
by And What The Heck!

**** How Singapore Rigs Its Elections <http://knifetricks.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-singapore-rigs-its-elections.html>
by Knife Tricks

**** 'Kampung Living' In The Sky <http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?file=/2007/12/1/columnists/insightdownsouth/19617442&sec=Insight%20Down%20South>
by Seah Chiang Nee, The Star
Singapore is pursuing energy conservation and a reduction of global warming as though its survival depends on it.

**** Expats Here Are Feeling The Pinch Too <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_182581.html>
by Mavis Toh and Shull Sudderuddin, Straits Times

**** We Can Barely Stay Afloat, Say Low-Income Folk <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_182577.html>
by Jamie Ee Wen Wei and Nur Dianah Suhaimi, Straits Times
The economy may be buoyant, but low-wage earners have been telling MPs and social workers that they can barely stay afloat because the cost of living has been going up. These workers say that their wages are not rising as fast as inflation.

**** New Rule To Safeguard Council Funds <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_182585.html>
by Tan Hui Yee and Mavis Toh, Straits Times
Town councils tempted to play the stock market to increase the returns on their sinking funds will now have to meet a new rule that caps how much they can put into higher-risk investments.

**** 200 Tonnes Of 'Dyed' Veggies To Be Dumped <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_182567.html>
by Mavis Toh and Shull Sudderuddin, Straits Times
Vegetable prices are not expected to be affected. The 200 tonnes of produce &mdash; about 10 lorry loads &mdash; that will be incinerated in Tuas comprise less than 1 per cent of Singapore's consumption, said Paul Chew, AVA's deputy directory of veterinary public health.

The Shuffe by MyAppleMenu

**** Music Is Happiness <http://www.theoctopusproject.com/mp3s.html>
by The Octopus Project
Click here to listen <http://www.theoctopusproject.com/mp3s/music.mp3>.