[MyAppleMenu] Nov 29, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Nov 29 13:15:00 EST 2006

*** A Head For Relationships
<http://www.apple.com/business/profiles/currie/>
David Levy, Apple

"I knew instantly this was the way to go, because it automated so many things, so easily. But, most important, it also had all these cool features designed to help you stay in touch with customers."

*** Merlin 2.0 Features Report Generator
<http://www.macnn.com/articles/06/11/28/merlin.20.released/>
MacNN

*** Security Update 2006-007 Released
<http://www.macuser.com/security/security_update_2006007_releas.php?lsrc=murss>
Scott Silverman, MacUser

*** Universal Music May Seek Royalty Deal With iPod
<http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyid=2006-11-28T205356Z_01_N28267036_RTRUKOC_0_US-MEDIA-SUMMIT-UNIVERSALMUSIC-IPOD.xml>
Reuters

Universal Music group Chief Executive Doug Morris said on Tuesday he may try to fashion an iPod royalty fee with Apple in the next round of negotiations in early 2007.

*** Tabblo A Blow To iPhoto
<http://www.informationweek.com/internet/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196513801>
Thomas Claburn, InformationWeek

*** MacForge Exceeds 40,000 Mac Open Source Project
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/11/28/macforge/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

*** ShredItX 'Shreds' Hard Disk Free Space
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/11/28/shreditx/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

[Opinion]

*** Docktop, Curiosity... Satisfied!
<http://macnewsonline.com/wp/2006/11/28/docktop-curiosity-satisfied/>
MacNewsOnline.com

*** Palm CEO Ed Colligan's Head Seems To Be Stuck Somewhere
<http://daringfireball.net/2006/11/colligan_head_stuck>
John Gruber, Daring Fireball

*** Thomas Hawk Buys A Mac
<http://thomashawk.com/2006/11/thomas-hawk-buys-mac.html>
Thomas Hawk's Digital Connection

It just works. And it feels so great while it does that.

[Review]

*** Wireless Video Streaming From OS X To Your TV?
<http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/11/wireless_video_streaming_from.html>
Kevin Hemenway, O'Reilly Network

*** Windows Vs. Linux Vs. OS X
<http://www.cio.com/advice_opinion/infrastructure/operating_systems/halamka_os_review_1.html>
Meridith Levinson, CIO

"I used to think that the Macintosh was something used by free spirits just to be different. Now I realize the Mac has such superior human factor engineering that it's used by people because they can be more productive. If Apple comes up with a 2- or 2.5-pound 12-inch-screen laptop that runs cool, has better integration with Exchange, and if Vista turns out to be the beast it could be, then I probably will move to a Mac."

*** Diamond Detective: Changing Layouts, Mix Of Puzzles And Logic Put New Spin On Matching Game
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/11/reviews/diadect/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

Worth checking out for casual puzzle gamers.

[Sidetrack]

*** Who Will Win In the Negotiation Table?
Heng-Cheong Leong

Which do you think is more likely to happen, should Apple remove all Universal's music from the iTunes store? A) Large number of customers abandon iPod to buy Zune so that they can legally buy Universal's music, or B) More Universal's music gets pirated, or C) Nobody cares.

*** Bubble Burst 2.0
<http://www.scripting.com/2006/11/28.html#bubbleBurst20>
Dave Winer, Scripting News

Web 2.0 is nothing more than an aftermarket for Google. When google crashes, that's the end of that, no more wave to ride, no more aftermarket.

*** Voluntary Code For Blogs 'Needed'
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6191988.stm>
BBC News

Blogs and other internet sites should be covered by a voluntary code of practice similar to that for newspapers in the UK, a conference has been told.

*** Don't Like Christmas? Get A Life
<http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2006/11/29/keillor/>
Garrison Keilior, Salon

You may feel excluded by Christian symbolism, but you're in America. Work with it.

*** Knock It, Then Try It
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/29/dining/29ugly.html?ex=1322456400&en=123a44551329d3b0&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Pete Wells, New York Times

I was relieved to hear that many bartenders -- real bartenders, who make a living at this -- occasionally invent cocktails that their customers would rather not try.

*** Piracy Information Centre Launched In Singapore
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=233306>
Jackson Sawatan, Bernama

Fourteen Asian countries Wednesday launched a piracy information sharing centre, which was esablished under the Regional Cooperation Agreement on Combating Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships in Asia (ReCAAP) as part of efforts to combat piracy in the high seas.

*** SM Goh Says Planned GST Rise Depends On Economy
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/244063/1/.html>
Melisa Hyak, Channel NewsAsia

*** Singapore's Education System Must Focus On Quality: Tharman
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/244083/1/.html>
Pearl Forss, Channel NewsAsia

Moving ahead, Education minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam said, Singapore needs to focus on quality and giving people both academic and applied skills.

[Opinion]

*** Photographing In Singapore
<http://midnightales.blogspot.com/2006/11/photographing-in-singapore.html>
Midnight Tales

Taking so-called street photos in Singapore can be challenging for a number of reasons.

*** Elections Are Over. Time To Raise Ministers' Salaries!
<http://commentarysingapore.blogspot.com/2006/11/elections-are-over-time-to-raise.html>
Mr Wang Bakes Good Karma

Ministers' salary is pegged to whoever is earning most, in a given year. When our top cardiosurgeon is earning a lot, the ministers will peg their salaries to him. When our top cardiosurgeon has a bad year, the ministers will just drop him out of the list.

*** Non Sequitur Economics
<http://www.singaporeangle.com/2006/11/non-sequitur-economics.html>
Singaporeangle.com

[Technology]

*** SingTel And M1 Battle For Share Of High Speed Wireless Broadband
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/244073/1/.html>
Priyia Paramajothi, Channel NewsAsia

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>