[MyAppleMenu] Nov 12, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Nov 12 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** New And Improved
Heng-Cheong Leong

MemoryMiner <http://www.memoryminer.com/>: Digital storytelling application that lets you zero in on the stories depicted in your photos by linking them to each other based on people, pleaces and time.

FRS Coloring Book Volume 2 <http://fastrabbitsoftware.com/coloring_book_volume_2.htm>: The alphabet, counting, basic shapes, and even the four seasons are topics that you and the children that color the pages within will encounter.

[Wintel]

*** Tune Into Zune?
<http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15669798/site/newsweek/>
Steven Levy, Newsweek

Microsoft takes aim at the iPod and misses -- for now.

*** Allchin Says Vista Doesn't Need Antivirus? Nope.
<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061111-8199.html>
Ken Fisher, Ars Technica

*** Entrepreneurs See A Web Guided By Common Sense
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/12/business/12web.html?ex=1320987600&en=254d697964cedc62&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
John Markoff, New York Times

>From the billions of documents that form the World Wide Web and the links that weave them together, computer scientists and a growing collection of start-up companies are finding new ways to mine humanintelligence.

[Tech & Science]

*** Landing In Baghdad
<http://www.airspacemag.com/issues/2006/october-november/landing_in_baghdad.php>
Allan T. Duffin, Air And Space

At the world's most dangerious airport, it's best to get down quickly.

[Life]

*** Don't Need The Sunshine...
<http://observer.guardian.co.uk/travel/story/0,,1945697,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1>
Euan Ferguson, The Observer

The prices are lower, the locals friendlier and you'll have the tourist hotspots to yourself.

*** Street Food With Ambition In Berlin
<http://travel2.nytimes.com/2006/11/12/travel/12surfacing.html?ex=1320987600&en=e20f70fe8c10ad94&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Gisela Williams, New York Times

New Yorkers have hot dog stands, Parisians have creperies, but street food in Berlin is all about imbisse -- a word that encompasses everything from sidewalk stalls that sell currywurst (sliced sausage smothered with curry powder and ketchup) to holes in the wall that serve Turkish doner kebabs (thick pita sandwiches stuffed with shaved meat, salad and yogurt sauge).

*** HDB Releases Details Of New Rental Structure
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/240916/1/.html>
Wong Mun Wai, Channel NewsAsia

*** Singapore, A New Home For Riches
<http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-sigbank11nov11,1,1428006.story?coll=la-headlines-business>
John M. Glionna, Los Angeles Times

The country, which has eased its banking laws, is touted as the next Switzerland. Its resort properties are luring wealthy foreigners.

[Opinion]

*** Growing Up In Singapore
<http://leeeeeeeee.blogspot.com/2006/11/growing-up-in-singapore.html>
Imperious

In almost every way possible the Singaporean government tried to steal my identity of being an American.

*** IKEA Singapore
<http://cindyocc.multiply.com/reviews/item/11>
Piyo's Home

I have never come across any organisation that has given me such bad services and products.

*** The Dawn Of A Darker Dark Ages
<http://charissaishere.blogspot.com/2006/11/singapore-to-tighten-curbs-on-free.html>
A Little Fish Finding Her Way In The World

*** Piggybacking On Other's WiFi: We Are All Serial Offenders!
<http://izreloaded.blogspot.com/2006/11/piggybacking-on-others-wifi-we-are-all.html>
iZ Reloaded

People who subscribed to wireless internet access in their homes need to know the importance of securing their network.

*** Stepping Out Of The Shadow
<http://thestar.com.my/columnists/story.asp?file=/columnists/2006/11/12/insightdownsouth/15988512&sec=Insight%20Down%20South>
Seah Chiang Nee, The Star

With Singapore facing more uncertainties at home and abroad, Lee Kuan Yew, 83, seems to have switched to a more active leadership role during the past year or so.

*** Do We Need A Daily Newspaper?
<http://memoryanddesire.blogspot.com/2006/11/do-we-need-daily-newspaper.html>
Memory And Desire