[MyAppleMenu] Nov 5, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Nov 5 13:15:00 EST 2006

*** New And Improved
Heng-Cheong Leong

OSX SkyFighters 1945 <http://www.donsgames.com/index.php?page=sf1945>: Open ended full featured fligh sim.

[Opinion]

*** Rube Would Love It
<http://www.scripting.com/2006/11/04.html#rubeWouldLoveIt>
Dave Winer, Scripting News

*** Why I Love My Apple
<http://kerflop.com/2006/11/04/why-i-love-my-apple/>
Kerflop

The pretty interface of the Apple and the overal intuitive ease of use wins me over every time.

*** It's All In The Numbers...
<http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo/archive/2006/11/03/it-s-all-in-the-numbers.aspx>
Mac Mojo

About 30,000,000 lines of code make up the current version of Office that we are developing.

[Review]

*** Unboxing The New iPod Shuffle
<http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/003088.html>
Harry McCracken, PC WOrld

*** Hands On: Apple iPod Shuffle
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127750-c,mp3players/article.html>
Narasu Rebbapragada, PC World

If you're on a budget and you want a good, albeit minimalist, audio player, get the Shuffle.

*** Gannett To Crowdsource News
<http://www.wired.com/news/culture/media/0,72067-0.html>
Jeff Howe, Wired News

Gannett, the publisher of USA Today as well as 90 other American daily newspapers, will begin crowdsourcing many of its newgathering functions.

[Tech & Science]

*** Twilight Of The Idols
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/05/books/review/Dizikes.t.html?ex=1320382800&en=3a5b7b51cb7999b2&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Peter Dizikes, New York Times

Today's insights are not so much perceived from a mountain of jointly authored papers announcing results from large labs, and rapidly circulated through journals, conferences and the internet. So is the end of the traditional science biography in sight?

*** MRT Feasibility Studies Underway For Downtown Line
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/239554/1/.html>
Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

A new 40-kilometre MRT line could be in the works to connect the Bukit Timah and eastern parts of the island to the New Downtown.

*** Call To Demolish Causeway "Curious", Says Singapore
<http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=227890>
Jackson Sawatan, Bernama

The Singapore Foreign Ministry has described as "curious" the remark by the Sultan of Johor who called for the demolition of the Johor Causeway. A ministry spokesman said in a Channel NewsAsia (CNA) report that Singapore did not believe the call represented the Malaysian government's position.

*** Khazanah Tells Johoreans To Be Open Minded When Dealing With Singapore
<http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=227863>
Bernama

Khazanah Nasional today called on Johoreans to stop being narrowed minded when dealing with Singapore whose Changi Airport and sea ports will eventually be the major gateways for the movement of goods and passengers from the South Johor Economic Region (SJER).

[Opinion]

*** Discrimination At The Candy Empire In Singapore
<http://shantipeace.blogspot.com/2006/11/discrimination-at-candy-empire-in.html>
Singapore Living

*** Singapore: Racist Or No?
<http://ilovesquishingants.blogspot.com/2006/11/singapore-racist-or-no.html>
Let Children Breathe Your Smoke

Singapore is supposed to be a multi-cultural society, however you tend to see certain racial groups getting certain types of jobs with few bridging the frontiers.

*** How To Kill The SJER?
<http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2006/11/how-to-kill-sjer.html>
My Singapore News

Just make sure that the Malaysians heard it loud and clear that Singapore is going to benefit from it.

*** Johor Dreaming
<http://sophiesworld-sophiesworld.blogspot.com/2006/11/johor-dreaming.html>
Sophie's World

Malaysia and Johor must work with Singapore to facilitate the massive cross-border movement of people.

*** Healthy Competition Or Just A Mindless Chase Of A Distant Dream?
<http://ruztalkingrot.blogspot.com/2006/11/healthy-competition-or-just-mindless.html>
My Mindless Blabbering Might Kill...

With leaders making wild and (I really hate to use this word) stupid comments, there is no wonder Malaysia is being left behind on the conveyer belt to success.

*** Royal Demolition Order
<http://sophiesworld-sophiesworld.blogspot.com/2006/11/royal-demolition-order.html>
Sophie's World

It's not too late for Malaysia and Singapore to go back to the negotiating table.

*** Public Transport And The Rich-Poor Divide
<http://diodati.omniscientx.com/2006/11/03/public-transport-and-the-rich-poor-divide/>
E Pur Si Muove

Perhaps one of the reasons why our public transport system is the way it is is because the people who manage it don't use it, and hence don't understand some of its idiosyncracies.

*** Ghosts From The Past
<http://undurlah.blogspot.com/2006/11/ghosts-from-past.html>
Undurlah

I don't know which quack advised him on his history, but it is bad advice and bad history.