[MyAppleMenu] May 13, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat May 13 13:15:01 EDT 2006

*** Researcher: Apple Patch Falls Short
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/05/12/78305_HNmacpatch_1.html?source=rss&url=http://www.infoworld.com/article/06/05/12/78305_HNmacpatch_1.html>
Paul F. Roberts, InfoWorld

Independent researcher Tom Ferris said there were still holes in Safari, QuickTime, and iTunes that he reported to Apple but were not patched in the latest release.

*** Apple, Softbank Plan iPod Mobile Phones -- Nikkei
<http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-05-12T194221Z_01_N1245507_RTRUKOC_0_US-TELECOMS-APPLE-SOFTBANK.xml>
Reuters

Japanese web and telecom conglomerate SoftBank is working with Apple to develop mobile telephones with built-in iPod music players, Nikkei reported on Friday.

*** Analyzing Apple's Latest TV Ads
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/05/12/appleads/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
mathew Honan, Macworld

Macworld invited a panel of experts to comment on the TBWA\Chia\Day-produced spots.

[Wintel]

*** Vista Search Seems Fair, Regulators Say
<http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6071851.html?part=rss&tag=6071851&subj=news>
Ina Fried, CNET News.com

The U.S. government has given its thumbs-up to Microsoft's search box plans for Vista, shrugging off concerns raised recently by Google.

*** Don't Write The Obituary Yet: 5 Reasons Why magazines Are Here To Stay
<http://www.nyrm.org/Well/dontwriteobityet.htm>
Nicole Oncina, New York Review Of Magazines

Magazines are here to stay, and here are five reasons why.

*** After Polls Come Post-Mortems: What Went Right? What Went Wrong?
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/free/story/0,6418,392740,00.html?>
Sue-Ann Chia and Aaron Low, Straits Times

MPs-elect formally analyse performances as parties figure out how to win over those who voted for the other side.

*** James Gomez Is Still Liar, Dishonest Despite Stern Warning: MM Lee
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/208054/1/.html>
Camie De-Souze, Channel NewsAsia

Lee Kuan Yew says the attorney-general's decision not to prosecute Workers' Party member James Gomez does not make him less of a liar or less dishonest.

*** Returning Officer Names WP Chairman Sylvia Lim As Non-Constituency MP
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/208096/1/.html>
S Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia

[Opinion]

*** Show Of Spirit In Singapore
<http://www.asianewsnet.net/editorial.php?aid=1196>
The Nation

Full credit to the opposition and voters for resisting the People's Action Party's (PAP) wiles in last weekend's general election.

*** Change Mindset About Role Of Opposition MPs. They're Not Trouble-makers
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,392566,00.html?>
Michael Wee Hong Shen, Straits Times

*** The Deadly Embrace Of Politics
<http://www.yawningbread.org/arch_2006/yax-588.htm>
Yawningbread.org

To have our commercial judgments treated as suspect abroad makes it very hard for us to do business with other countries. In particular, it makes it hard to sell Singapore as a good place for legal services. One big chunk of our new economic vision falls apart. All because of a history of ministers suing their opponents ruthlessly.

*** On The Style, Image And Approach Of The SDP
<http://singaporeelection.blogspot.com/2006/05/on-style-image-and-approach-of-sdp_13.html>
Chee Soon Juan, Singapore Election Watch

Why is the victom here being blamed? Why are we 'shooting ourselves in the foot' when all we are doing is standing up for what is rightfully ours?