[MyAppleMenu] May 1, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon May 1 13:15:00 EDT 2006

*** New Mac Ad Campaign "Does It All"
<http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/4/30/3792>
Charles Jade, Ars Technica

[Opinion]

*** You Can Never Say Enough Nice Things About A Mac
<http://blog.pcmag.com/blogs/miller/archive/2006/04/27/980.aspx>
Michael J. Miller, PC Magazine

There's certainly a very nice market of people who will pay for the style and elegance of the Mac. But the majority of people have already shown that they will choose flexibility, even if they don't use it much, especially when it costs less.

*** Vertical Quality And McNealy: Why Apple, Sun & Google Have It Right
<http://www.brandonwerner.com/2006/04/24/vertical-quality-and-mcnealy-why-apple-sun-google-have-it-right/>
Brandon Werner

Participating in Verticla Markets does tend to be more expensive up front, but the cost isn't non-existent in the Horizontal model, it's just more hidden.

[Sidetrack]

*** iPod To Go
Heng-Cheong Leong

For those of us who have never seen the iPod vending machine in action, here's a video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OokewShzSH4>. And no, there isn't any dropping-of-iPods-from-several-feet action.

*** Ageing PCs 'Problem' For Schools
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4960586.stm>
Gary Eason, BBC News

*** New Microsoft Browser Raises Google's Hackles
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/01/technology/01google.html?ex=1304136000&en=69017a13de6611a3&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Steve Lohr, New York Times

*** The Way We Eat: Olde School
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/30/magazine/30food.html?ex=1304049600&en=e660f854dd757178&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss>
Christine Muhlke, New York Times

The thoroughly modern chef Heston Blumenthal gets a Tudor tutorial.

[GE06]

*** Voters Question Distribution Of NRIC Numbers To Political Parties
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/205905/1/.html>
Pearl Forss, Channel NewsAsia

Voters are asking why the Elections Department distributed their Identity Card (IC) numbers to the various political parties.

*** WP Chief Says He Will Not Respond Anymore To James Gomez Case
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/205906/1/.html>
Augustine Anthuvan, Channel NewsAsia

[Election Talk]

*** Different Cameras, Different Shots
<http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2006/05/different_camer.html>
mr brown

*** Where's The Beef?
<http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.com/2006/05/where-is-beef.html>
My Singapore News

*** PAP Ministers: "vainglorious Thievery"
<http://uselesstree.typepad.com/useless_tree/2006/05/pap_ministers_v.html>
The Useless Tree

The PAP is not about "Asian values" or "Confucian virtues." It is about a leadership that dores "twisty paths." It's about old-fashioned human greed.

*** PAP Rally @ Yio Chu Kang Stadium
<http://singaporeelection.blogspot.com/2006/05/pap-rally-yio-chu-kang-stadium.html>
Singapore Election Watch

I went to PAP's rally at YCK stadium on Friday and I have concluded that I will not vote PAP even if eligible.

*** Workers Party: James Gomez
<http://koyuji.blogspot.com/2006/04/workers-party-james-gomez.html>
Eugene Kok, Grumbles, Peeves & Thoughts

I'm hugely disappointed. Under the chairwomanship of Sylvia Lim, I expected a lot more from a Workers Party's candidate.

*** My Very First Political Rally
<http://www.toomanythoughts.org/blog/2006/05/my-very-first-political-rally.html>
Tym Blogs Too!

I think the money quote came from Workers' Party canddiate Perry Tong when he pointed out that his party's manifesto spent four pages and 800 words dealing with healthcare issues and outlining specific policies, while the People's Action Party's manifesto had just fourty words to say about it.

*** Let Us Face The Future
<http://noconceptofliberty.blogspot.com/2006/05/let-us-face-future.html>
No Concept Of Liberty

After the rubble of five years of wasted opportunities, of increasing hardship for many and a government whose concerns are more their own than our own, it really is time for us to face the future.

[News]

*** Revive Talks On Bridge
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/5/1/nation/14115944&sec=nation>
The Star

The federal government has been urged to reopen negotiations with Singapore over the aborted bridge project and other issues.

[Opinion]

*** Chaotic Scene At Changi Ferry Terminal
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,389562,00.html?>
Patrick Low Soh Chye, Straits Times

[Entertainment]

*** Welcome To The 'Austin Powers Room'
<http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Monday/Features/20060430165726/Article/index_html>
Jeremy Mahadevan, New Straits Times

A hotel is just a place to lay your head between the sights. Or is it? The New Majestic Hotel in Singapore is as deserving of a visitor's attention as any attraction in the island republic.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]