[MyAppleMenu] Mar 13, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Mar 13 13:15:00 EST 2006

*** Apple To Grow 35% In 2006 - Analyst
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=14081&Page=1&pagePos=1>
Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

While some analysts recently issued conservative judgements on the company, American Technology Research analysts Shaw Wu has raised his assessments for sales this year, and advises his investors to buy Apple stock.

[Opinion]

*** iPod Hi-Fi: Huh?
<http://www.macobserver.com/columns/justathought/2006/20060313.shtml>
Vern Seward, Mac Observer

Someone help me out there: I think I'm missing the point of Apple's newest iPod accessory, the iPod Hi-Fi, and it's bugging the bejeezus out of me.

*** This Is Happening
<http://www.bythebayou.com/2006/03/this-isnt-happening.html>
By The Bayou

You don't want the headaches? Don't buy a Mac and think they'll go away. Just don't have a computer at all.

*** SXSW Has Macs, Is Cool
<http://news.com.com/2061-10793_3-6048778.html?part=rss&tag=6048778&subj=news>
Daniel Terdiman, CNET News.com

Now I can die a happy reporter.

*** The Sanctimonious Backlash Against The iPod
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/03/12/ING4THKT6L1.DTL>
Sara K. Ellis, San Francisco Chronicle

With the iPod, I get my privacy back in situations from which serenity and good manners have been sucked faster than you can say broadband.

[Review]

*** More On Mac Security
<http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,124982,00.asp>
Rebecca Freed, PC World

*** Podcasting Made Easier With GarageBand
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/index.php?p=155>
Jason D. O'Grady, ZDNet

*** More Innovation Means Fewer CIO Decisions
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1936502,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
John Hazard, eWeek

CEOs may not understand the nuts and bolts of technology, but they will take an increasing role in the decisions previously reserved for CIOs as innovation becomes a key focus for 2006.

[Tech & Science]

*** 'If There Had Been A Little Man Waving Back From Mars, We Would Have Been Right There. But there Was Just A Rock.'
<http://www.newstatesman.com/Ideas/200603130019>
Zoe Williams, New Statesman

Have we really lost our enthusiasm for space, or are we simply waiting for the discovery of some proper aliens?

[Life]

*** Getting Nowhere
<http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/pacificnw03122006/coverstory.html>
Richard Seven, Seattle Times

Diehard singles, we commute, clog, stall, rage and refuse to change.

*** A Wrongful Birth?
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/12/magazine/312wrongful.1.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>
Elizabeth Weil, New York Times

The technology of prenatal care has been shifting rapidly, and our ethical responses to the information provided has been shifting as well.

*** Roe For Men?
<http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/03/13/roe_for_men/index_np.html>
Rebecca Traister, Salon

The National Center for Men filed suit to establish reproductive rights for men. Is a father's right to choose an idea worth debating, or just a distraction?

*** American Culture Has Always Warmed To What's Cool
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/arts/chi-0603110258mar12,1,1415184.story?coll=chi-leisurearts-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true>
Alan G. Artner, Chicago Tribune

Thinking about contemporary American culture brings me back to grammar school.

*** Can This Man Save The Movies? (Again?)
<http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1172229,00.html>
Richard Corliss, Time

In the digital era, is film dead? As audience gravitate to DVDs, Hollywood wonders if the movie theater can survive. The rebels are surging. Can the Empire strike back?

[GE06]

*** Strong Signs Of Lim Hwee Hua Joining Aljunied GRC
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/free/story/0,6418,377464,00.html?>
Laurel Teo, Straits Times

*** Battle For Yio Chu Kang Between 2 Ex-Colleagues
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/106274.asp>
Jasmine Yin, Today

*** WP Works The Ground At Sembawang GRC
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/106269.asp>
Derrick A Paulo, Today

With two PAP MPs -- including anchor MP, former Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan -- touted to step down, the Group Representation Constituency (GRC) might be the scene for an intriguing battle.

*** PAP Expects To Introduce Some 20 New Candidates "In A Couple Of Weeks": Party Chairman
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/197426/1/.html>
Farah Abdul Rahim, Channel NewsAsia

[News]

*** Singaporean Ire Over Australia's 'Closed Skies'
<http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/HC14Ae01.html>
Jaya Prakash, Asia Times

Has the rising tide of protectionism recently witnessed in the United States and Europe reached Austrlia? Singapore Airlines thinks so.

*** Andrew Kuan Apologises To Ex-Neighbour Over Defamatory Remarks
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/197557/1/.html>
Farah Abdul Rahim, Channel NewsAsia

*** Concern After Singapore Broadcaster Withdraws From Commonwealth Games
<http://abcasiapacific.com/news/stories/asiapacific_stories_1590282.htm>
ABC

The decision by Singapore's national broadcaster to pull out of its Commonwealth Games coverage has angered Games officials, who say the move will leave the exploits of the country's athletes unreported.

*** Report: Singapore's Temasek Will Complete Shin Corp. Purchased By Tuesday
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/3/12/apworld/20060312202515&sec=apworld>
Associated Press

*** Sex Video Drawing Out Wannabes
<http://www.asianewsnet.net/level3_template1.php?l3sec=15&news_id=53581&key_word=singapore>
Straits Times

The furore over the widely circulated cellphone sex video of Singapore Nanyang Polytechnic student has sparked a flood of similar clips.

*** New Bridge Moves A Step Closer To Reality
<http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Monday/Frontpage/20060313080226/Article/index_html>
Ravi Nambiar and R. Sittamparam, New Straits Times

Malaysia and Singapore have agreed in principle to build a bridge to replace the Causeway. It is learnt that some minor technical details have yet to be resolved. Once these are cleared, an official announcement will be made, followed by the signing of the agreement by the two Prime Ministers.

*** PM Lee Says temasek's Investment In Thailand A Commercial Decision
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/197463/1/.html>
S. Ramesh, Channel NewsAsia

*** Singapore Surprised With Malaysia's Bridge Decision: FM George Yeo
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/197416/1/.html>
Farah Abdul Rahim, Channel NewsAsia

Minister for Foreign Affairs George Yeo says Singapore is surpsied and disappointed with Malaysia's decision to carry on with construction work on the bridge to replace the Malaysian side of the Causeway.

[Entertainment]

*** Carl's Jr
<http://joyinthelord.blogspot.com/2006/03/food-review-carls-jr.html>
Therefore I Blog

I think in Singapore we are underprivilged -- we only get the non-interesting burgers.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]