[MyAppleMenu] Jun 4, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jun 4 13:15:01 EDT 2006

*** Apple Software Logs Out Of Bangalore
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1611960.cms>
R Raghavendra, Times Of India

Apple is pulling out of its software development and support operations in India.

*** Control Your Mac From Your Sofa... Mostly
<http://www.macuser.com/software/control_your_mac_from_your_sof.php>
Dan Moren, MacUser

[Opinion]

*** This Is Our iPod Killer. You Need Windows Media Centre And It Doesn't Work On A Mac.
<http://edd.blogfrog.co.uk/2006/06/04/this-is-our-ipod-killer-you-need-windows-media-centre-and-it-doesnt-work-on-a-mac/>
Edd Mills

*** Business At The Speed Of Lawsuits
<http://www.istartedsomething.com/20060604/business-at-the-speed-of-lawsuits/>
istartedsomething

Third parties create incompatible and inconsistent solutions that ultimately delivers a poor customer experience.

*** The History Of Mac Office, Part I
<http://blogs.msdn.com/rick_schaut/archive/2006/06/03/616209.aspx>
Rick Schaut, Buggin' My Life Away

*** How eBay Makes Regulations Disappear
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/business/yourmoney/04ebay.html?ex=1307073600&en=b1aae9a67d18cfc5&ei=5090&partner=rss&emc=rss>
Katie Hafner, New York Times

Regulators say that when they try to erect guidelines around eBay's activities, they quickly encounter around eBay's activities, they quickly encounter the realities of the company's political power, raising anew the perennial questions about the proper balance among public policy, consumer protection and business interests.

*** That Certain Smile
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/30/AR2006053001021.html>
Andrew Hudgins, Washington Post

As a child, the one enduring wonder of my world, the wonder that preceded and outlasted the Great Pyramid at Giza, Mount Everest or the Grand Canyon, was my grandmother's teeth. They came out.

*** Single Minded
<http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2006/06/04/single_minded/>
Keith O'Brien, Boston Globe

They're having babies alone, vacationing alone, buying homes alone. And they couldn't be happier, especially in Boston, where record numbers of single people are finding that parties of one are worth toasting.

*** Hollywood Elementary
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/magazine/04actors.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>
Adrian Nicole LeBlanc, New York Times

Each year hundreds of child actors -- with their parents -- flock to Los Angeles in the hope of becoming stars. Whose dreams are being pursued?

*** Talks On Entry Pass Ongoing
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/4/nation/14441296&sec=nation>
The Star

With less than a month before Malaysian restricted passports cease to be valid, negotiations are still going on with Singapore over the use of a smart card.

*** Challenge Of Creating More Space
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/6/4/focus/14429144&sec=focus>
The Star

To squeeze out more land for a proposed population of six or seven million, futuristic-minded Singapore has not only been pushing the sea back, but also digging deep into the bowels of the earth to create space.

[Opinion]

*** Singapore Is "World-Class" Again
<http://commentarysingapore.blogspot.com/2006/06/singapore-is-world-class-again.html>
Mr Wang Bakes Good Karma