[MyAppleMenu] Jan 30, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Jan 30 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** With iPod, Apple Shows More Business Sense Than Most Companies
<http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,1413,113~7244~3219183,00.html>
Melissa Brown, Fairbanks Daily News-Miner

With the iPod, Apple managed to do what every business strives for. They created a product that appeals to a market ranging from age 6 to 86. And because they're priced between $80 and $400, depending on the model, almost anyone can afford one.

*** Did An iPod Scuttle The Flag?
<http://www.stereophile.com/news/013006scc/>
Wes Phillips, Stereophile

What we did not anticipate last week was that the hearings would trigger an outpouring of common sense.

[Opinion]

*** It's Time For Subscriptions!
<http://chris.pirillo.com/blog/_archives/2006/1/29/1730244.html>
Chris Pirillo

Apple have to make it affordable for those of us who enjoy more than one piece of produced content.

[Review]

*** The Eye-Opening Video iPod
<http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jan2006/tc20060130_719876.htm>
Stephen Baker, BusinessWeek

Apple's latest iteration of the iPod sounds terrific, and its video capabilities open up another world in portable multimedia.

*** Masters Of Chocolate Look Abroad And See Something Even Richer
<http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/30/international/europe/30chocolate.html>
John Tagliabue, New York Times

For the Belgians, who know their ganache from their gianduja, and relish the difference, names like Mr. Boey's have become household words. And now they are stretching their palates to create new chocolate recipes, and looking abroad, above all in the United States, to find connoisseurs for them.

*** My Diner (A Love Story)
<http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/magazine/la-tm-diner4jan22,1,2627579.story?coll=la-headlines-magazine>
Deborah Netburn, Los Angeles Times

My diner doesn't have old-school credentials like the original pantry or Du-par's, and it's not as trendy as Fred 62 or Swingers. There are no jokes on the menu, no retro signs on the walls, no mustachioed waiters and no waitresses with gravely voices who call me "hon."

*** The Flip-Flop
<http://www.boston.com/news/globe/magazine/articles/2006/01/29/the_flip_flop/>
Elinor Lipman, Boston Globe

Every parent has a birth story, and everybody loves their children. My larger point is this: We almost made a huge mistake.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]

*** Now I Believe
<http://www.songs.myvirtualband.com/index.php/archives/2006/01/23/now-i-believe/>
Dan Carroll, Marty Keil, Mike Mikerman, Peter Ward
<http://www.files.myvirtualband.com/Now_I_Believe/now-i-believe-marty-mix4.mp3>