[MyAppleMenu] Jan 28, 2006

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat Jan 28 13:15:01 EST 2006

*** Luma Pictures: Monster Galore
<http://www.apple.com/pro/film/lumapictures/>
Dustin Driver, Apple

*** Joe Cortina: Creating A Legacy For "The Greatest"
<http://www.apple.com/pro/video/cortina/>
Barbara Gibson, Apple

"We love Macs. We built our business model on the Mac. Nothing else has the kind of creative interface and integrated handles that the Mac has."

[Opinion]

*** It Isn't A Fair Contest, And It Won't Be Anytime Soon
<http://www.tuaw.com/2006/01/27/it-isnt-a-fair-contest-and-it-wont-be-anytime-soon/>
David Chartier, Unofficial Apple Weblog

[Review]

*** ThinkFree Office 3.0: Java-Based Application Offers A Capable Alternatives To Microsoft Office
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/01/reviews/thinkfreeoffice30/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Jeffery Battersby, Macworld

*** iPhoto 6: Improved Performance And New Output Options Make iPhoto 6 An Important Upgrade
<http://www.macworld.com/2006/01/reviews/iphoto6/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Ben Long, Macworld

The performance improvements alone should please most iPhoto users, while the full-screen editing mode, new output options and Photocasting feature make the decision to upgrade to this version a no-brainer.

*** Google Soul Searches On China
<http://news.com.com/2061-10812_3-6032316.html?part=rss&tag=6032316&subj=news>
Elinor Mills, CNET News.com

After being criticized for three days over the launch of its censored search site in China, Google officially responded on friday, saying it had to compromise its mission in order to make its services available at all in China.