[MyAppleMenu] Sep 30, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Fri Sep 30 13:15:00 EDT 2005

*** Apple Confirms Some Mac Minis Have Unlabeled Upgrades
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1865183,00.asp>
Chris Preimesberger, eWeek

Apple is not re-labeling the Mac Minis -- even with last-minute stickers -- so buyers have no way of knowing if they are getting what' marked on the box, or if it's something better.

*** Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 For Mac In Development
<http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/09/29/elements/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Jim Dalrymple, Macworld

[Review]

*** Re-Revisiting Emacs
<http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7943?CMP=OTC-13IV03560550>
Robert Daeley, O'Reilly Network

[Sidetrack]

*** What If It Wasn't The iTunes Phone That Was Late?
Heng-Cheong Leong

Remember when Apple -- and Motorola -- seems to be delaying introducing the iTunes phone, "frustrating" all the rumor sites out there who had their predictions squashed time and time again? We all probably assume it was Apple's philosophy at work, where products do not get demonstrated until it is ready for prime time a.k.a. get past Steve Jobs?

What if -- and this is just wild speculation from me -- Apple was delaying the Motorola iTunes phones because they were waiting for the iPod nano? That would probably explain Motorola's recent outburst.

Of course, even if this was true, Steve Jobs probably wouldn't admit to Motorola. But, if Motorola already have those phones sitting in the warehouse, just waiting for Apple's green light... Hey, screwed me once (Mac clones), shame on me. Scrwed me twice (iPod clones), shame on you.

[Tech & Science]

*** That Famous Equation And You
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/30/opinion/30greene.html?ex=1285732800&en=d75032e169027479&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Brian Greene, New York Times

A hundred years ago this month, the final equation of Einstein's short article gave the world E=mc2.

[Life]

*** Conan On The Couch
<http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/arts/features/14575/>
Vanessa Grigoriadis, New York

Conan O'Brien talks constantly about how no one cares about his show because it's on too late. But in four years, when he takes over for Jay Leno, he'll no longer have that excuse. Does comedy's crown prince need a whole new shtick?

*** What Part Of "Wait Until Marriage" Don't You Understand!
<http://www.sfweekly.com/Issues/current/news/infiltrator.html>
Harmon Leon, SF Weekly

Infiltrator goes to a teen abstinence educators' conference -- and gets laid!

*** You Do What You Eat
<http://www.odemagazine.com/article.php?aID=4143>
Marco visscher, Ode

Forget tougher punishments and hiring more police. The solution to crime and violence is on your plate. Here's how healthy food can reduce aggressive behavior.

*** On That $9m In Lost Fares
<http://www.todayonline.com/articles/75473.asp>
Thusara Dharmapala, Today

This goes to show that either Singapore is a nation of cheats, or claims by bus companies are exaggerated.

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>
Life is random. More tunes, less talk.

[Tunes]