[MyAppleMenu] May 15, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun May 15 13:15:00 EDT 2005

*** Second iPod Manufacturer Up And Running
<http://news.com.com/2061-10793_3-5706768.html?part=rss&tag=5706768&subj=news>
Ina Fried, CNET News.com

*** Bob D'Amico: 24 Years As ABC's Chief Photographer
<http://www.apple.com/pro/photo/damico/>
Bija Gutoff, Apple

"In photography, it has always been the Mac -- I've never thought of using anything else."

*** American Museum Of Natural History: Tyrannosaurus Wren?
<http://www.apple.com/pro/video/naturalhistory/>
Joe Cellini, Apple

"Everything in the exhibit -- nearly all the 3D -- was designed and rendered on Macs."

*** In An 'On-Demand' iPod World, Something's Gotta Give
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/13/AR2005051301065.html>
Marc Fisher, Washington Post

For radio, a huge generation gap is developing.

*** 3.2GHz+ Macs By Christmas?
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=11577>
Macworld UK

Microsoft's choice of 3.2GHz PowerPC processors in its new Xbox 360 could suggest significantly faster Macs when the console ships at Christmas.

[Review]

*** OS X Tiger Upgrade: The Ugly
<http://weblog.infoworld.com/yager/2005/05/09.html#a52>
Tom Yager, InfoWorld

The upgrade was a frustrating, time-sucking exercise from the start.

*** True Crime: Streets Of L.A.
<http://www.macworld.com/2005/05/reviews/truecrime/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Peter Cohen, Macworld

It's no Grand Theft Auto, but if you like third-person shooters and are looking for a game that lets you explore your thug side, this might fit the bill.

[Sidetrack]

*** Back In Singapore
Heng-Cheong Leong

I'm back from my trip to Guangzhou. A bit under the weather: headache, sneezing, blocked + running nose, cough, general weakness -- all the symptons of a flu, I have. And, oh, fever too. But I managed to get rid of the fever by eating tons and tons (okay, 2 x 4 per day) of Panadol while I was in China. Don't want people to suspect me of having SARS, seeing that I was in the SARS capital of the world.

Anyway, went to see my family's regular doctor this morning, and we all agree it was flu. :-)

*** Google Toolbar Keeps Controversial Linking Feature
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1815479,00.asp>
Matt Hicks, eWeek

Google replaces its default IE-based toolbar with a new version that retains AutoLink, a feature that has riled Web publishers.

*** FCC's Broadcast Flag: It's Back?
<http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-5706070.html?part=rss&tag=5706070&subj=news>
Declan McCullagh, CNET News.com

Hollywood appears to be turning to Congress for some legislative aid.