[MyAppleMenu] Dec 28, 2005

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Dec 28 13:15:01 EST 2005

*** iPod Link Tunes In For Churches
<http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100regionalnews/tm_objectid=16526037&method=full&siteid=50061&headline=ipod-link-tunes-in-for-churches--name_page.html>
Daily Post

*** iPods Dominate Amazon.com's Electronics Section
<http://playlistmag.com/news/2005/12/27/amazon/index.php>
Peter Cohen, Playlist

*** Apple's Long-Lasting Shine
<http://www.thestreet.com/_mktwrm/tech/gamesandgadgets/10258765.html>
Troy Wolverton, TheStreet.com

Even after a three-year run that has sent Apple shares heavenward, some bulls believe the company -- and its stock -- can only climb higher in 2006.

*** Isle Of Man Schools Embrace The Mac
<http://www.apple.com/uk/education/profiles/isleofman/>
Apple

Every primary school on the Isle of Man uses Apple technology to help the children learn more effectively and develop skills for life.

*** iTunes To Offer Fee-Based Podcasts In 2006
<http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=13456>
Jonny Evans, Macworld UK

It appears Apple will begin offering subscription fee-based podcasts through iTunes in early 2006.

*** And The Cutest iPod Baby Winner Is...
<http://news.com.com/2061-10786_3-6009893.html?part=rss&tag=6009893&subj=news>
Michelle Meyers, CNET News.com

[Opinion]

*** Is The iPod Our Way Of Tuning Out The World?
<http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/editorial/13496915.htm>
Alicia Greenleigh, Philadelphia Inquirer

The other day, I had a near catastrophic experience: My iPod wouldn't charge.

*** More DRM Madness
<http://www.newsome.org/2005/12/more-drm-madness.shtml>
Kent Newsome, Newsome.org

The only way I see to sovle the DRM problem is for enough of us to vote with our pocketbooks. That's what I'm doing.

[Review]

*** Mac Tis For Former Windows Users
<http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1135676293234371.xml&coll=1>
Al Fasoldt, Post-Standard

*** In The iPod Zone
<http://www.kiplinger.com/personalfinance/magazine/archives/2006/01/ipod.html>
Sean O'Neill, Kiplinger

Your guide to the core features of Apple's hottest player.

*** Get Better Service(s)
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/macgems/2005/12/icecoffee/index.php?lsrc=mwrss>
Dan Frakes, Macworld

[Sidetrack]

*** Just-In-Time Marketing
Heng-Cheong Leong

According to the Inquirer <http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28562>, Intel is dropping its "Intel Inside" marketing tag line, and is moving on to a new campaign this January. Just in time, if you believe the rumors, for Apple's Intel Mac.

I didn't know that Apple has such a big influence on the technology world. :-)

*** Rumor Today: Intel Mac In First Quarter
Heng-Cheong Leong

EMSNow <http://www.emsnow.com/npps/story.cfm?id=16366>: [Apple] will help increasing the total production of first quarter next year for both companies [Quanta and Asustek].

*** Read Most Of O'Reilly's Hacks Books For Free Using Google
<http://www.micropersuasion.com/2005/12/read_most_of_or.html>
Steve Rubel, Micro Persuasion

*** Rise Of The Robots
<http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/article335273.ece>
Jimmy Lee Shreeve, Independent

2006 could be the year when androids finally make it into the home.

*** The Lost Strudel
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/28/opinion/28ephron.html?ex=1293426000&en=ee9de0a5d9897f2c&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss>
Nora Ephron, New York Times

I don't mean food as habit, food as memory, food as biography, food as metaphor, food as regret, food as love, or food as in those famous madeleines people like me are constantly referring to as if they've read Proust, which in most cases they haven't. I mean food as food. Food vanishes.

*** Ensnared: Intenet Creates New Group Of Sexual Addicts
<http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-he-internetsex26dec26,0,4869419.story?track=hpmostemailedlink>
Mariane Szegedy-Maszak, Los Angeles Times

Adding 200 sites a day, internet pornography seduces with never-ending variety.

*** For A City Unafraid Of A Little Public Snooze
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/27/nyregion/27chairs.html?8hpib>
Patrick McGeehan, New York Times

The capital of "keep moving, keeping moving" is inviting its residents to kick back, relax and watch the rivers run.

[Expressions]

*** Encapsulated
<http://fogfire.com/aug98/Encapsulated.htm>
Julie Anne Parks, Fogfire.com

Fate has a dark sense of humor, but I shall have the last laugh because destiny has armed me with the greatest weapon of all -- knowledge.

*** In The Rose garden
<http://www.slate.com/id/2120093/>
Mark Jarman, Slate

*** MOE Announces Measures To Promote GEP, Non-GEP Student Mingling
<http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/185688/1/.html>
Pearl Forss, Channel NewsAsia

*** Small Taxi Companies Fined After Audit
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/free/story/0,6418,361478,00.html?>
Christopher Tan, Straits Times

The three relatively newer taxi operators -- all smallish players -- could not meet some of the service standards laid down by the Land Transport Authority.

[Opinion]

*** Open KL-Singapore Air Route
<http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/12/28/focus/12967773&sec=focus>
Cassey Lee, University of Malaya, Ivan Png, Singapore Nominated MP, The Star

There will be adjustment costs in the short run but these should not prevent Malaysia from adopting policies that will make its economy more competitive in the long run.

*** Great, No Junk Mails In Post Box. But They Land On My Doorstep
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,361393,00.html?>
Derek Soon, Straits Times

*** Jams At Causeway, SecondLink: Security Is A Red Herring
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,5562,361391,00.html?>
Lim Boon Hee, Straits Times

The Shuffle by MyAppleMenu
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/podcast/>