[MyAppleMenu] Nov 28, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Nov 28 13:15:00 EST 2004

*** Friends Don't Let Friends Do Windows
<http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000510021650/>
Laurie Duncan, Unofficial Apple Weblog

*** IndiTunes
<http://users.cs.cf.ac.uk/M.J.Turner/archives/000235.php>
Mark J. Turner, Mark My Words

[Sidetrack]

*** Rumor Today: Peter Mehring, Former Founder of Umax, New Mac Hardware Division Chief At Apple?
Heng-Cheong Leong

Redazione speculates <http://www.macitynet.it/english/aA19767/index.shtml> on Apple's replacement choice.

Are we going to see mroe radical designs, or more of the evolutionary-kind of products like the iMac G5?

*** Open Source Leader Takes Sun's Schwartz To Task
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1731913,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
Steven J. vaughan-Nochols, eWeek

"The essence of the bazaar is not voting [...] but the right to fork."

[World]

*** Good News About Poverty
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/27/opinion/27brooks.html?ex=1259298000&#38;en=9d0f3b05bd698b73&%2338;ei=5088&%2338;partner=rssnyt>
David Brooks, New York Times

Economists have been arguing furiously about whether inequality is increasing or decreasing. But it now seems likely that while inequality has gorwn within particular nations, it is shrinking among individuals worldwide. What explains all this good news? The short answer is this thing we call globalization.

*** Singapore
<http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=healthNews&storyID=6933205>
Fayen Wong, Reuters

Singapore, facing a rise in AIDS cases, is considering making it compulsory for pregnant women to be screened for HIV/AIDS, an official said on Saturday.

*** Geylang In Orchard Road?
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,5562,287513,00.html?>
Tracy Quek, Straits Times

Retailers, residents upset as hookers spill from Orchard Towers to Tangs, Orchard Plaza.