[MyAppleMenu] May 8, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sat May 8 13:15:00 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Saturday, May 8, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[Top Stories]

*** Apple: 99 Cent Music Price Tag Staying
<http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5208436.html>
by John Borland, CNET News.com
Apple dismissed rumors Friday of rising single-song prices at its iTunes online music store, saying that it planned to maintain the price tag of 99 cents per song.

[News]

*** iPod Eclipses Mac
<http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,9494296%5E8362,00.html>
by John O'Brien, The Courier-Mail
The iPod has established a whole new platform that cuts across operating systems.

*** Perception: Serving Up Menus For ESPN
<http://www.apple.com/pro/video/perception/>
by Nancy Eaton, Apple
"When we first opened up, people told us we were crazy. But we did it with three Macs and three guys, and Final Cut."

*** AirPort Extreme Connection Errors Plaguing Users
<http://www.macnn.com/news/24615>
by MacNN

*** SuperCard 4.5 To Include Faster Script Execution, More
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/05/07/supercard/index.php?redirect=1083973035000>
by Brad Cook, MacCentral
The new version offers new text and graphic features, more responsive text fields, faster script execution, a new modular help system and more.

*** Nisus Writer Express 2.0 To Add Built-In Tables, More
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/05/07/nisus/index.php?redirect=1083973017000>
by Brad Cook, MacCentral
The new version of the company's Mac OS X word processor will add support for built-in tables, user-defined styles, footnotes, Microsoft Word templates, PDF creation and more.

*** Apple Releases iBook G4 Graphics Update 1.0
<http://www.macdailynews.com/comments.php?id=P2661_0_1_0>
by MacDailyNews
Recommended for the 12-inch 1GHz and 14-inch 1.2GHz iBook G4. It updates the graphics driver to fix a compatibility issue that may exist with applications that use OpenGL.

[Opinion]

*** Macs In High Places
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/archives/000177.php>
by Jason Snell, Macworld
See? Mac users. We're everywhere. Even where you least expect us.

[Review]

*** Automated Web Photo Galleries With iPhoto And Perl
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2004/05/07/iphoto_perl.html>
by Mike Schienle, O'Reilly Network

[Sidetrack]

*** Rumor Today: No Rumor Today
<http://www.myapplemenu.com/2004/05/08/#20040508bg000001>
by Heng-Cheong Leong
AppleInsider<http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=446> reported Apple as saying: "We recently noticed... [that] the contents of Seed Note were leaked... The public reads the 'leaked info' and may assume the information is gospel. Customers will be disappointed and/or may count on false information."

Also from AppleInsider<http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=448>: Apple tells employees to 'speak positively' about resellers.

[Wintel]

*** Microsoft Modifying 'Palladium'
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1587709,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594>
by Dennis Fisher, eWeek
The company is working to tweak the APIs to make it easier for other software makers to write compatible applications for the Next Generation Secure Computing Base platform.

*** Microsoft Names New CIO
<http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-5208428.html>
by Mike Ricciuti, CNET News.com
Ron Markezich, who previously managed Microsoft's call centers, help deskts an other areas, will report to former CIO Rick Devenuti, who heads Microsoft's Worldwide Services unit.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[News]

*** Wearable Wireless Displays Are In Sight
<http://www.forbes.com/infoimaging/2004/05/07/cx_pp_0507microdisplay_ii.html>
by Penelope Patsuris, Forbes
Imagine having a 17-inch screen constantly at your disposal that lets you look up information online, check your e-mail or watch a movie -- and that isn't attached to a laptop.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>
The other things in life

[World]

*** A President Beyond The Law
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/07/opinion/07LEWI.html?ex=1399262400&en=cc74516c7c7b1681&ei=5007&partner=USERLAND>
by Anthony Lewis, New York Times
Instead of a country committed to law, the United States is now seen as a country that proclaims high legal ideals and then says that they should apply to all others but not to itself.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.