[MyAppleMenu] Mar 15, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Mon Mar 15 03:00:01 EST 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Monday, March 15, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[Opinion]

*** iPod Ad Sold My Wife On Black Eyed Peas
<http://radio.weblogs.com/0001011/2004/03/14.html#a7011>
by Robert Scoble
Who said advertising doesn't work?

[Wintel]

*** Leaked Code Still Could Bear Malicious Fruit
<http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1548325,00.asp>
by Dennis Fisher, eWeek
The real danger isn't the vulnerabilities that crackers find and then post for all the world to see; it's the ones that they keep to themselves for personal use that have researchers worried.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/tomorrow/index.html>
Emerging Technology. Innovative Applications. New Economy.

[Top Stories]

*** Can Silicon Valley, U.S. Lead In New Global Economy?
<http://weblog.siliconvalley.com/column/dangillmor/archives/010107.shtml#010107>
by Dan Gillmor, San Jose Mercury News
Can Silicon Valley compete in a true global economy? Once, this would have seemed like a foolish question. No more.

[News]

*** Making E-Mail Identity Work
<http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/03/12/11OPstrategic_1.html>
by jon Udell, InfoWorld
E-mail clients already have the tools necessary to whack most spam.

[Internet]

*** ID Carding On The Internet
<http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0315/p08s01-comv.html>
by Christian Science Monitor
The alcohol industry can do much more to limit young people's attraction and access to its websites.

*** Popularity Of Web Forces Travel Agents To Adjust
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-0403130227mar14,1,157275.story?coll=chi-techtopheds-hed>
by James Gilden, Chicago Tribune
"Travel agents are becoming consultants rather than order takers. We're about value and making sure that everything works."

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>
The other things in life

[Tech & Science]

*** Journey To The 10th Dimension
<http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/article/0,12543,591747,00.html>
by Michael Moyer, Popular Science
Physics can't find the biggest thing in the known universe, so it's looking beyond our paltry three dimensions.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>

*** Nightspots Confused About Rules For 24-Hour Licences
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/storyprintfriendly/0,1887,240300,00.html?>
by Arti Mulchand, Straits Times
Clubs keen on getting in on the action complain about quirks in rules covering exits and allowed areas.

*** A New World Now After Hotel Collapse
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,240266,00.html?>
by Goh Chin Lian, Straits Times
It's 18 years since Hotel New World fell adn the area has changed, but memories remain fresh for some.

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.