[MyAppleMenu] Jun 30, 2004

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Wed Jun 30 13:15:00 EDT 2004

MyAppleMenu Newsletter
Wednesday, June 30, 2004

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/index.html>
Mac News for Mac Users

[News]

*** Apple Grabs Enterprise Tail
<http://www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3375231>
by Michael Singer, InternetNews.com
Apple is counting on some advancements to its next-generation operating system to win it more space in the enterprise.

*** Apple's Tactics Leave Bad Taste: Poisoned Policies Doom Resellers
<http://www.varbusiness.com/sections/news/breakingnews.jhtml%3Bjsessionid=WQBNAPBOQY4VGQSNDBCCKHY?articleId=22102756>
by T.C. Doyle, VARBusiness
Behind the lawsuit is a sad, human tale reminiscent of a romance gone bad.

*** iPod Is 'Gadget Of The Century'
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/06/29/smith>
by MacMinute
"I have every model. My CD collection from my entire life is on them," says Will Smith.

*** eDonkey Now Available For Mac OS X
<http://www.macminute.com/2004/06/29/edonkey>
by MacMinute

*** Apple Names Cluster For Bioinformatics Award Winners
<http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/06/29/clusterawards/index.php?redirect=1088522046000>
by Peter Cohen, MacCentral
Apple awarded Apple Workgroup Clusters to five scientific researchers in the United States.

*** Was The Apple iMac Design Stolen?
<http://news.designtechnica.com/article4510.html>
by Designtechnica
A Belgian wewbdesigner has stepped up nd claims that Apple has stolen his designs for the current Apple iMac.

[Opinion]

*** What Should Apple Do?
<http://inessential.com/?comments=1&postid=2874>
by Brent Simmons
Forget ethics -- it's just good PR. Worth ten times the price they would have paid.

*** An Engineer's Thoughts On Mac OS X Tiger
<http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=7529>
by Jean-Baptiste Queru, OSNews.com

[Review]

*** The iPod And Manual Mode
<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/archives/2004/06/000243.php>
by Christopher Breen, Macworld
I'd like to use today's entry to clear up some confusion about how Manual Mode works.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/reader/index.html>

*** The Democratization Of Cultural Criticism
<http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i43/43b00801.htm>
by George Cotkin, Chronicle Of Higher Education
The democratization of criticism is a messy affair, as democracy must be. But the solution to the problems of criticism in the present are best not discovered in the musty basements of nostalgia and sentiment for the cultural criticism of a half-century gone.

<http://www.myapplemenu.com/singapore/index.html>
Life in the city

[Top Stories]

*** Blackout Hits Many Areas After Gas Supply Failture
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/topstories/story/0,4386,258997,00.html?>
by Woon Wui Tek, Straits Times
>From about 10pm last nikght, a quickly spreading blackout plunged many parts of Singapore into darkness.

[Opinion]

*** Review Decision To Close Seletar Market
<http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/forum/story/0,4386,259043,00.html?>
by Tham Kim Fay, Straits Times
Now that the Seletar Road site has been put on the reserve list, why not review the closure with a view to postponing it to a later date when there is a developer interested in acquiriing the site?

MyAppleMenu is edited by Heng-Cheong Leong <mailto:webmaster at myapplemenu.com>. Copyright (C) 1996 - 2004 Heng-Cheong Leong. All rights reserved.